• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dhoni is massive and it wouldn't surprise me if this was conservative

You also need to remember that he is being used to market product to 1bn+ people in India and hundreds of millions of expat Indians around the world - that is potentially a ****-load of cans of Pepsi
Yea, I know how big he is but I am just talking about the exchange rate. I mean my uncle back in India has a full time driver and his current salary is about five thousand rupees a month ($100 USD...and the going rate is probably lower in Jharkaland where Dhoni is from...I mean in the nineties both of my parents combined income was less than that and we didn't live in poverty)..so $31million USD is a ridiculous amount of money.

Pepsi is marketing to the growing middle class for sure, but for the majority of Indian, a pepsi can a day is nowhere near affordable.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
Yea, I know how big he is but I am just talking about the exchange rate. I mean my uncle back in India has a full time driver and his current salary is about five thousand rupees a month ($100 USD...and the going rate is probably lower in Jharkaland where Dhoni is from...I mean in the nineties both of my parents combined income was less than that and we didn't live in poverty)..so $31million USD is a ridiculous amount of money.

Pepsi is marketing to the growing middle class for sure, but for the majority of Indian, a pepsi can a day is nowhere near affordable.
They may well have adjusted the figures for PPP in their analysis

Uppercut

Sometimes I wonder whether people actually buy stuff based on the celebs that endorse them. Or whether I subconsciously do it myself.
Yeah we do. Although each one of us individually thinks it's only other people that do it and we're uniquely immune.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't watch any television, read any magazines and have adblocker on my internet browser (except on certain sites who I frequent regularly). I'm not sure how it would even get to me. I don't think I could name a single product that's endorsed by a celebrity, except maybe NBA2K13 and Jay-Z, but I don't even like Jay-Z.

Burgey

Made

Lads weekend in Townsville going well.

Ruined

Missed Burgeinho's 3-1 win including his goal from half way. Will no doubt hear all about it though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't watch any television, read any magazines and have adblocker on my internet browser (except on certain sites who I frequent regularly). I'm not sure how it would even get to me. I don't think I could name a single product that's endorsed by a celebrity, except maybe NBA2K13 and Jay-Z, but I don't even like Jay-Z.
Yeah, same.

Made:

Finally got to break in my adizero rose 773's.

Manee

Ruined this week

There is something growing in my lung that showed up on a CT scan. They don't know what it is and I'm very scared.

Marcuss

Holy ****ing **** balls. Fingers are well and truly crossed for you.

My dodgy back doesn't seem anywhere near so bad right now