• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Naruto Mafia - Game Thread

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well done to Halsey and GIMH who were able to use the inch they got from lynching me to turn it into an utter mile. GIMHs fast thinking on patching up the holes in his claim was a master stroke and he ended up going into the last day seemingly more clear than anyone.

morgieb

Other than Shri doing a Shri, hard to really complain about Town's performance there. Most of their losses (bar the CW one where Marcuss hit Town every night) were because they played terribly, here they really didn't. The Athlai lynch was excellent work, and they did a good job in deducing that I was full of ****.

Was a brilliant play to bus Athlai from Halsey, fooled everyone up until it was too late.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Morgie being so successful also helped mafia stay in that game. They were well and truly behind when they rezzed me. I think we also benefited from people forgetting how bus happy I get in mafia, it was only brought up a few times and it gave Halsey far more rope than he should've been given. His claim ended up being pretty easy to poke holes in when he was forced to make it, but by then town was already prepared to rip itself apart for other reasons.

honestbharani

Athlai was the one who suggested it, tbf. I think GIMH is quietly becoming one of the better mafia players in CW. He does not always get the credit he deserves but he was on the ball on this one. Both him and Halsey seemed to have this amazing sense of when to pile on a maf lynch to get themselves over with Town. It was uncanny. Halsey once again shows why he is regarded as one of the top players here. Athlai lived up to his reputation by coming up with a game breaking play for our team after we were less than polite to him on N0. And Weeman showed why he is regarded as a good player too. Some of his ideas in the maf thread were really interesting and showed he is a good player if he is allowed to go further in the game.

Morgie played decently for his role too. And I think once sledger was gone, Teja tried his best to be the captain of that ship. But yeah, this was a game decided on who played better between two good teams than some of the more recent ones. Well done to all.

Uppercut

GG all. Halsey bus was a masterstroke.

Again I couldn’t really follow why Shri was lynched, other than because he was treating everyone like ****.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Athlai was the one who suggested it, tbf. I think GIMH is quietly becoming one of the better mafia players in CW. He does not always get the credit he deserves but he was on the ball on this one. Both him and Halsey seemed to have this amazing sense of when to pile on a maf lynch to get themselves over with Town. It was uncanny. Halsey once again shows why he is regarded as one of the top players here. Athlai lived up to his reputation by coming up with a game breaking play for our team after we were less than polite to him on N0. And Weeman showed why he is regarded as a good player too. Some of his ideas in the maf thread were really interesting and showed he is a good player if he is allowed to go further in the game.

Morgie played decently for his role too. And I think once sledger was gone, Teja tried his best to be the captain of that ship. But yeah, this was a game decided on who played better between two good teams than some of the more recent ones. Well done to all.
Haha my single day of being alive theory crafting mafia strategy was the most fun I've had with mafia in years.

morgieb

Morgie being so successful also helped mafia stay in that game. They were well and truly behind when they rezzed me. I think we also benefited from people forgetting how bus happy I get in mafia, it was only brought up a few times and it gave Halsey far more rope than he should've been given. His claim ended up being pretty easy to poke holes in when he was forced to make it, but by then town was already prepared to rip itself apart for other reasons.
It probably helps that few people on CW actually played Mafia on CS. The only ones that did were me, you and probably Daemon all the way through, with the likes of Uppercut, GIMH, Teja and NP jumping on later. And this was many years ago.

Daemon

Halsey bus was what clinched it for Maf imo

I was convinced about GIMH post-claim as well because Sarutobi was named in the OP

Had a pretty bad game overall, I failed to watch sledger because I thought mafia wouldn't dare to go after him with so many unkown roles out there. I even watched Halsey on the night I died.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Great game from maf. Was fully convinced by GIMH.

Town really lost the game with one single mislynch though and 4 +1 is quite OP so hard to be too hard on town.

Red_Ink_Squid

Town had played extremely well until that final day, and it was tough on Town to lose after a single mislynch*. That said lynching Shri really was a mistake. After eventually wading through all the white noise of arguments that day, it turned out that everyone's stories were compatible. It wasn't lynch or loose and Town was stuffed full of info roles: the right play was No Lynch and make the decision the next night with more intel. To be fair to Maf, they did well to push the line that it wasn't mislynch and loose either, which helped ease the lynch through I think.

Town's only other mistake was to think the mod was a nice enough guy not to include a red herring in the OP.

*Took a vig hit on a Townie and a doc save on Maf to get to that point though.

honestbharani

Halsey bus was what clinched it for Maf imo

I was convinced about GIMH post-claim as well because Sarutobi was named in the OP

Had a pretty bad game overall, I failed to watch sledger because I thought mafia wouldn't dare to go after him with so many unkown roles out there. I even watched Halsey on the night I died.

My last action before I died was to redirect all actions on sledger. So it would not have been of much help anyways. :laugh:

Teja.

Global Moderator
RIS owes me several beers because I was so sure of my read on VI that I didn't crash the game by trusting my night reports and insta lynching VI on that basis btw.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The 4+1 is a red herring as Athers couldn't vote and didn't count to our win condition. Hugely helpful when we got to yesterday and it seemed like there'd only be 1 maf left.

Red_Ink_Squid

Don't think you had a bad game at all. You really drove the Athlai lynch after Halsey first raised the suggestion. You drove the morgie lynch. As HB says, even if you had tried to watch Sledger the night he died you would have been redirected. Only mistake was taking GIMH's claim as completely ironclad rather than merely strong.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why Shri was lynched rather than Halsey, other than for being a dickhead, I?ll never know
I think Shri gets a lot of good reads but he also posts every single thought he has. Which means at some point or another calling everyone as being maf, especially as a defence mechanism.

That plus his shitposting sees him off.

He played it a lot better in my SAMCRO game I thought.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Ah ****. Would it have mattered if I hit gimh instead of Halsey RIS?

Great game from mafiosos. Hell of a comeback. Great game RIS.