• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Sim?

David

International 12th Man
I don't think i saw any provision for Batting aggression/defensiveness. Unless Shot power and timing somehow come into that?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Maybe Mental Toughness could be added as well - i.e. players like Steve Waugh, Brian Lara, Glenn McGrath etc. would have high ratings for this.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Basically I want it to be as good as possible - I'm fed up of using the half-baked efforts of others :) - so keep firing them this way. I intend to make it solely the match engine now (ie there won't be scope for experience/form) so it *shouldn't* take too obscene an amount of time to complete.

I guess values for a players' willingness to go for shots and their proficiencies against spin and pace would be useful too, cheers David.

Mental Toughness will be interesting, I'm not entirely sure how I would code that into the game but there's no harm in creating data for it.

Within the next week I will write a data editor and I would like some people to create team data files with it (16 man squads) in batting order, thanks :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mental Toughness, I suppose, would come into effect when a) playing against good teams, b) on the 4th and 5th day when a good effort is needed to win, c) playing against good players, d) when a batsman is at 140, 150 with nothing to motivate him. Just an idea...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Two years on, time to kick this.

I think that BC2006 is approaching the stage where it's fit to sim for a human vs human match. I think it's a match for HODI at present (a few minor wibbles here and there... but nowt major).

Obviously, a full-on changeover is not a sensible option right now... but what I'd like to suggest would be that we give it a shot for either a) grade cricket or b) a Twenty20 competition (the T20 mode is a far better reflection of reality than SR's ever was).

Any thoughts?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I reckon it`s worth a run in the 20/20 and Grade Cricket competitions. At least the 20/20.

AUST_HiTMaN

Top work Neil.

Certainly worth a trial in grade cricket at least.

I await the day when we can put HODI to bed for good.

age_master

yep i reakon a 20/20 comp and maybe grade cricket would be a good way to test out the sim and it would also help find any minor bugs that exist.

bugssy

age_master said:
yep i reakon a 20/20 comp and maybe grade cricket would be a good way to test out the sim and it would also help find any minor bugs that exist.
'

dido mate agree totally

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Two years on, time to kick this.

I think that BC2006 is approaching the stage where it's fit to sim for a human vs human match. I think it's a match for HODI at present (a few minor wibbles here and there... but nowt major).

Obviously, a full-on changeover is not a sensible option right now... but what I'd like to suggest would be that we give it a shot for either a) grade cricket or b) a Twenty20 competition (the T20 mode is a far better reflection of reality than SR's ever was).

Any thoughts?
How difficult is it to add SuperSubs?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How difficult is it to add SuperSubs?
Ug. Probably not very. But possibly horrendously.

I'm more concerned about random hi-octane run chases right now (310? pfft, 37 overs, sorted...)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
I'd be happy to try it out in grade cricket. It's a much better alternative than the one we used last season.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'd be happy to try it out in grade cricket. It's a much better alternative than the one we used last season.
Its definately a great idea to try it out in grade cricket. I've been using it for the part day or two and its brilliant IMO. It still has a few bugs and inconsistancies, but they should be ironed out soon enough.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Prince EWS said:
Its definately a great idea to try it out in grade cricket. I've been using it for the part day or two and its brilliant IMO. It still has a few bugs and inconsistancies, but they should be ironed out soon enough.
Could be be so kind as to detail what you think are the major issues?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Won't it be a bit difficult to convert various simming averages into seperate attributes?
Already taken care of.

Yes, it's random, and one team got 475-8 in a test sim yesterday, but I'm hoping a formula adjustment should do the trick.