• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now that Burgey is ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trundler

The Gavaskar monkey argument has surely reached Murali was a chucker levels of dishonest virtue signalling.

trundler

I have no cause to defend the man. I did not grow up idolising Gavaskar the batsman nor was I ever big on Sunny the Pundit but c'mon, it's such a transparent attempt at stirring the pot. The same arguments have been played out ad infinitum. Perhaps there was a debate to be had over Gavaskar's horrible choice of words but it's regressed to the same **** slinging fest that other CW classics ™ have.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Can one ever stop being a racist though?
Of course they can. It's a learned, cultural behaviour. Education and awareness can absolutely change people's perceptions, particularly on views they held almost 4 decades ago.

Last edited:

Daemon

I’ve been drinking the whole night and I still can’t shake off the disgust from reading those comments. My world has been rocked.

Kirkut

Can one ever stop being a racist though?

I mean, I am guessing Gavaskgar has tried to distance himself from these comments in recent years, but you do have to wonder... I'm going to take everything he says with a pinch of salt from now on. I mean, how can you trust the word of a racist? It just does not make any sense to me.

Good point about renaming the trophy though. I think I would have to agree with you now that I have learned the truth about him.
Racism is ok to a limit. As long as you don't harm others physically. We are all imperfect after all.

If someone says something racist to you, don't hold back come up with an equally powerful racist comeback, it can be an ice-breaking experience.

TheJediBrah

Racism is ok to a limit. As long as you don't harm others physically. We are all imperfect after all.

If someone says something racist to you, don't hold back come up with an equally powerful racist comeback, it can be an ice-breaking experience.
hmmmmmmm

the big bambino

I have no cause to defend the man. I did not grow up idolising Gavaskar the batsman nor was I ever big on Sunny the Pundit but c'mon, it's such a transparent attempt at stirring the pot. The same arguments have been played out ad infinitum. Perhaps there was a debate to be had over Gavaskar's horrible choice of words but it's regressed to the same **** slinging fest that other CW classics ™ have.
Ha, sure buddy. Now do Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.