• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Offical** Commentary complaints thread

GoodAreasShane

Nah I think some of the other replies that said much more interesting things than "LoL yOu WeRe CrAp At CrIcKeT" were much better. I even said in my post that I didn't like the guy; doesn't mean it's not a **** retort. Just makes him look better in the job he's doing which is the last thing we want if we want him out of it (and I do).
Usually I would agree with this.

One exception though is Brett Geeves, the man is clearly a bitter petulant attention seeker and deserves to be called out as such. Absolute **** of a man

Howsie

Mark Nicholas needed a punch in the face last night. The guy should be banned from commentating New Zealand games.

Neil Young

Mark Nicholas needed a punch in the face last night. The guy should be banned from commentating New Zealand games.
Not everyone has to love NZ, bro. Who gives a monkey's what Nicholas thinks, anyway. Or any of the commentators, for that matter. They are just opinions so take 'em or leave 'em

Hicheal Michael

Last nights commentary was comparable to the quarterfinal vs SA at the 2011 WC. Ganguly playing the role of whoever that South Africa moron was that called that game.

Howsie

Not everyone has to love NZ, bro. Who gives a monkey's what Nicholas thinks, anyway. Or any of the commentators, for that matter. They are just opinions so take 'em or leave 'em
It’s got nothing to do with not loving them. It’s the lazy, 30 year old generalities that spill out of his mouth.

Uppercut

I guess something like that happens precisely because he is bad at his job. Jadeja probably wouldn't reply to Mark Nicholas in the same situation.
What would he be criticising Mark Nicholas for? Not being gentle enough while arse-licking?

harsh.ag

What would he be criticising Mark Nicholas for? Not being gentle enough while arse-licking?
Just the other day I was thinking how some of the foreign commentators have been hesitating before criticizing Indian players. Usually wait for cues from Indian comms.

wrongun

Banned
Harsha Bhogle: 'The white ball is like a blooming flower that blooms for a bit and then dies'. Please make this guy disappear from the game.

wrongun

Banned
That episode was great. Amitabh Bachchan was involved for some reason?
Yes. Bachchan asked him why he compliments international cricketers and he should focus on Indian players and Harsha replied with 'Sir I cover international cricket hence I have to' . Some B's along those lines and then star got rid of Harsha for a bit. Never thought I'd say this but Amitabh did God's work there. Shehenshah of the commentary box

quincywagstaff

What was Manjrekar going on about now about feeling sorry for Dhoni because he has to putin a big innings under pressure?

Dhoni has not been blackmailed to appear in this WC again. He should be relishing a challenge like this otherwise why play? Such nonsense from Manjrekar.

stephen

What was Manjrekar going on about now about feeling sorry for Dhoni because he has to putin a big innings under pressure?

Dhoni has not been blackmailed to appear in this WC again. He should be relishing a challenge like this otherwise why play? Such nonsense from Manjrekar.
That was by far the most cringe worthy moment of commentary ever. I was thinking "no, he should want to be playing the innings of his life". Such a cop out really.

OverratedSanity

*Jadeja effortlessly lofts a 140 kph ball over long off for six*

Ganguly: Dhoni is pacing this perfectly. He's a genius when it comes to chasing scores.

trundler

*Kohli misses a straightforward runout completely*

Ohh so close, look at him! He's the captain and he's got sooo much energy! Always on top in the field. Gives it everything. I wish I could suck his dick.

Neil Young

Yeah, it was getting a bit ridiculous. Particularly Ganguly.

"Kohli has just hitched up his pants. HITCHED UP HIS PANTS. DID YOU SEE THAT? PHENOMENAL! Now, everyone....gimme a 'K'...."