• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Office 2010

pasag

RTDAS
Surprised to see so little fanfare re: the new office. I did some research on the ipad before it got released and there were over 500 articles mentioning it in The Age, despite that fact it wasn't to be released for another month here. Yet for a program which virtually everyone in the world uses to some degree....nothing.

Also love the fact it's coming out on mac, no more open office or office 07 thorugh vmware fusion.

Anyways, anyone tried it yet?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No. Are they introducing new file formats like they did with 07 or will it stay with the docx, xlsx type? So cbf having to covnert everything.

Dasa

No new file formats, not a whole lot of changes from Office 07 really. The big new thing is the live collaboration stuff, similar to Google Docs but more features. Btw pasag, you could always get Office 08 for Mac (Mac OS equivalent of Office 07 for Windows).

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No new file formats, not a whole lot of changes from Office 07 really. The big new thing is the live collaboration stuff, similar to Google Docs but more features. Btw pasag, you could always get Office 08 for Mac (Mac OS equivalent of Office 07 for Windows).
Moving to this and Windows 7, instead of XP and Office 03, on our school network in September. Expecting chaos when people can't find the save button.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
XP and Office 2003 are both fantastic pieces of software. Hate Vista and Office 2007. Windows 7 is really good, so hopefully Office 2010 is good as well.

pasag

RTDAS
07 is great.

Not really a fan of 08 for Mac. Happy enough to use 07 in XP through fusion.

Sir Alex

Banned
XP and Office 2003 are both fantastic pieces of software. Hate Vista and Office 2007. Windows 7 is really good, so hopefully Office 2010 is good as well.
Well I found 07 in particular excel to be much better than 03. Of course even though I can use same shortcuts in 03 I can't see directions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
07 is so much better than 03 for the work I do and the documents I create. That's what I'm basing it on.

And I find Excel easier with 07, much like Sir Arse

Dasa

Yeah once you get used to things being in different places, 07 is much much better imo.

vcs

Really? I immensely hate the interface.
Agree so much. Can't find a ****ing thing in Office 2007. What was wrong with the usual "File, Edit, .." and other drop-down menus? No, they have to go and **** with it and put in that useless big button at the top-left and you can't locate a thing when you need it. Assholes. I hate Microsoft so much.

PhoenixFire

Got Vista. Hated it. Changed back to XP.

Got 2007. Hated it. Changed back to '03/

Everything so much better now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't mind Vista, just a bit slow, certainly for navigation it is far superior to XP.

Really can't get my head around why anyone would prefer Office 97-03 though.