• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

Woodster

Yes it was a big test for Cook, who's never played against him before, but he seemed reasonably comfortable. Jumping on anything with a little bit of width and cutting him through point, or stroking his full toss through mid on. I think it's important to take advantage of Warne's bad ball and make sure you put it away, cos you ain't gonna get many. It also puts some pressure back on him if he knows he'll get the treatment if he doesn't land it on the spot.

Collingwood is a good player of spin, a little similar to KP, in the way that he plays with his bat in front of his pad in defence, unlike Bell who goes with bat and pad side by side. He also uses his feet, which I would imagine is very difficult to Warne, but if you can do it competently it goes some way to nullifying Warne's effectiveness (unless you end up getting stumped on 96 that is!).

BoyBrumby

Englishman

PhoenixFire

How is it 200/1 on an England win?

At Headingley '81, it was 500/1, and it is far, far less likely that England win, than it was then.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PhoenixFire said:
How is it 200/1 on an England win?

At Headingley '81, it was 500/1, and it is far, far less likely that England win, than it was then.
Precisely because they had to pay out on a 500/1 shout then I'd guess. Once bitten...

social

And now for the real weather forecast!

I live on the beach on the Gold Coast and the weather is coming in from the ocean today and heading towards Brisbane

I predict early overcast conditions, possibly with a spot of rain if the clouds build up sufficiently.

However, should the wind continue in its current direction, this will blow over quite quickly and for the majority of the day it will be hot and humid as there is little cloud build-up out to sea - not much chance of big delays IMO

Anyway, I'm off for a morning dip in the ocean

Enjoy winter, suckas!

Tomm NCCC

social said:
And now for the real weather forecast!

I live on the beach on the Gold Coast and the weather is coming in from the ocean today and heading towards Brisbane

I predict early overcast conditions, possibly with a spot of rain if the clouds build up sufficiently.

However, should the wind continue in its current direction, this will blow over quite quickly and for the majority of the day it will be hot and humid as there is little cloud build-up out to sea - not much chance of big delays IMO

Anyway, I'm off for a morning dip in the ocean

Enjoy winter, suckas!
you son of a gun, closest i can get to a beach is the sand next to my hot-tub

Mister Wright

Here is the current radar

There looks like there is a bit of rain around, but nothing that will stop the game for a long period of time. It does look overcast outside, but doesn't look too threatening atm. Perhaps some more rain a little later.

superkingdave

How long do we reckon England will last today then? if Pietersen goes in the first half an hour i reckon it will be all over before lunch, otherwise about half an hour in to the afternoon sesh

social

superkingdave said:
How long do we reckon England will last today then? if Pietersen goes in the first half an hour i reckon it will be all over before lunch, otherwise about half an hour in to the afternoon sesh
Really hot and humid day ahead

The new ball should get some movement but it's the type of day where the bowlers could wilt quickly because of the weather

Guys at the other end are just as important as KP - if Jones goes early, could be wrapped up quickly as KP cant bat at both ends

If these 2 hang around for a while, Eng can make it tough going for 4 bowlers

BTW, sun is out here and clouds have been burnt off for time being

However, thunder-heads are appearing over mountains so it's likely we'll get a storm sometime today as predicted.

superkingdave

yeah, the thing about Geraint is though that he's awful batting with the tail, if KP goes before him, he's pretty much guaranteed to throw his wicket away

Johnners

superkingdave said:
If the new ball is taken Pietersen will go within the first 5 overs IMO. I can't see much resistance after that and it should be over by lunch.