• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

steds

superkingdave said:
yeah, the thing about Geraint is though that he's awful batting with the tail, if KP goes before him, he's pretty much guaranteed to throw his wicket away
Tempted fate.

Johnners

Clapo said:
If the new ball is taken Pietersen will go within the first 5 overs IMO. I can't see much resistance after that and it should be over by lunch.
:cool:

Great to see Ponting back on the field, same goes for the mighty Pidg.

pasag

RTDAS
All over, total domination by Australia, credit to England for standing up in the end though.

1 down, 4 to go.

social

Positives for Eng

Bowling - Freddie

Batting - all bar Strauss got runs

Negatives

Bowling bar Freddie

Batting - not enough runs

4 matches to go but this could be ugly for Eng

Laurrz

Brilliant stuff by the Aussies.... very proud of Stuart Clark..what a workhorse!... terrific hard working bowler..and deserves the Adelaide spot ... wonder if the other Stuart [MacGill] will be picked... gonna be tough for the selectors

Josh

Clark... well... how do I describe that?? He passed the final test. I suppose he's earned his place now.

Absolutely no need for Watson or MacGill.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
I have been saying a bit that the first few days don`t give an accurate representation of how the Ashes will go, I was very surprised at the people saying England are going to lose. They`ve shown they can apply themselves batting, though I do expect them to be out before lunch tomorrow tbh.
Gun person IMO.

Great work by Clark. :)

age_master

Great stuff from Australia, Brett Lee struggles to find rythm but i think pick up bowling more and more through the next game or 2

Son Of Coco

social said:
And now for the real weather forecast!

I live on the beach on the Gold Coast and the weather is coming in from the ocean today and heading towards Brisbane

I predict early overcast conditions, possibly with a spot of rain if the clouds build up sufficiently.

However, should the wind continue in its current direction, this will blow over quite quickly and for the majority of the day it will be hot and humid as there is little cloud build-up out to sea - not much chance of big delays IMO

Anyway, I'm off for a morning dip in the ocean

Enjoy winter, suckas!
Where abouts on the coast are you?

I live on the beach at Kingscliff...so I share your pain :happy:

Matt79

Global Moderator
What would the match XI look like - for me:
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Collingwood
Pieterson
Flintoff
Jones
Warne
Lee
Clark
McGrath

8 Aussies and 3 Poms. Pieterson/Hussey is a tough call, given Pieterson had two digs for one failure one success, and Hussey only got one go. Lee gets in ahead of Hoggard on the basis of his 45* more than any great difference in their bowling performances...

Johnners

Matt79 said:
What would the match XI look like - for me:
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Collingwood
Pieterson
Flintoff
Jones
Warne
Lee
Clark
McGrath

8 Aussies and 3 Poms. Pieterson/Hussey is a tough call, given Pieterson had two digs for one failure one success, and Hussey only got one go. Lee gets in ahead of Hoggard on the basis of his 45* more than any great difference in their bowling performances...
7 Aussies & 4 Poms. TBH i'd have Hussey ahead of Pietersen, he always looked in control, whereas Pietersen played far to many rash shots for mine.

Craig

World Traveller
Son Of Coco said:
Where abouts on the coast are you?

I live on the beach at Kingscliff...so I share your pain :happy:
Well lucky you, I had to be at work and lose a few kilo's from sweating alone :@ :dry: