• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Actually, it's the Trophy winners who play the Aussies, not the league winners.

Not that we won't win the trophy, of course.
Realized that after. Decided just to say the thing I was about to say next in place of the thing I'd said. When are you off to Greece again? I presume you wouldn't be able to do the 'A' game if you can't do the FC final.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ok. Well I'll try to work out something. We need to sort out the XI as soon as possible though. I'll send an email after eating something.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Awesome win. On the edge of my seat RE A team selection, only represented at ODevel so far, not sure I've done enough for an FC call-up but we'll see

Mr Mxyzptlk

Richards heads strong bunch

Cricket Web Black allrounder Dave Richards will lead the 'A' team against Australians tomorrow. He is joined by teammate Blake Donald and five Cricket Web Red players. Most notably, Rob Dauth is in the team, to try to regain selection after he dropped before the first Test.

SE Fuller [Blue]
BC Fitzsimmons [Colts]
JR Gray (wk) [Red]
RJ Dauth [Red]
DA Kearsley [Red]
AJ Garven [Green]
M Corrin [Green]
BC Donald [Black]
DP Richards [Black]
MP West [Red]
MU Amir [Red]

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cricket Web Black allrounder Dave Richards will lead the 'A' team against Australians tomorrow. He is joined by teammate Blake Donald and five Cricket Web Red players. Most notably, Rob Dauth is in the team, to try to regain selection after he dropped before the first Test.

SE Fuller [Blue]
BC Fitzsimmons [Colts]
JR Gray (wk) [Red]
RJ Dauth [Red]
DA Kearsley [Red]
AJ Garven [Green]
M Corrin [Green]
BC Donald [Black]
DP Richards [Black]
MP West [Red]
MU Amir [Red]
ah i am happym (as well as drunk) :)

superkingdave

reckon i should be batting higher than 9 tbh, move me and blake up and put corrin at 9....he deserves it :p

otherwise honoured to be selected

Mr Mxyzptlk

Australians
PA Jaques
ML Hayden
RT Ponting (c)
MJ Clarke
A Symonds
SR Watson
BJ Haddin (wk)
AA Noffke
MG Johnson
DE Bollinger
BE McGain

Cricket Web 'A' vs Australians
4D Tour Match - Day 1 - Pickford Reserve

The Australians top order battered and bruised a bowling attack, clearly tired after a long season of Dev League cricket. All of the top three cashed in with runs, including big hundreds for Matthew Hayden and Ricky Ponting. Early on the Cricket Web Red pairing of Muhammad Amir and Martin West struggled to find their rhythm and leaked runs at an alarming rate as the Australians dashed to 95 for the first wicket. That wicket fell in the 17th over, when Phil Jaques misjudged a full length delivery and was given out lbw.

Rain interrupted play for the third time on the day but could not dampen Australian spirits. It did however contribute to a dropped return catch by Donald, and Hayden advanced past 50 and on toward a ton. Even more impressive, Ponting launched a full toss once bounce to the midwicket fence to reach 50 from 41 balls. He slowed down on his way to his century, while Hayden accelerated with some stunning shots. Ultimately the partnership for the second wicket took shape of 219 runs. Success came through Donald and a bit of reverse swing and Hayden walked for 140. The Australian dominance continued, however, as Michael Clarke looked well-placed on 43 when stumps were drawn.

Australians 1st Innings 357-2 (85 overs)
ML Hayden 140, RT Ponting 123*, PA Jaques 56, MJ Clarke 21*

Australians lead by 357 runs with 8 first innings wickets remaining.

Mr Mxyzptlk

4D Tour Match - Day 2 - Pickford Reserve

Andrew Symonds was the pick of a brilliant bunch for the Australians in Pickford. His massive hundred topped off another day of complete dominance with the bat. A much-improved Martin West dealt for Ricky Ponting (132) and Michael Clarke (43) in the morning, but there was no other joy for the home side before lunch. Had Corrin clung on at third slip West would have had Symonds for 11, but as things eventuated, the Aussie allrounder breezed to 41 at lunch. Watson was similarly fortunate, dropped by West on 28 and with 33 at the break.

The afternoon followed a similar script. West lost out on another wicket as Amir dropped Symonds on 84 and 18 balls later he celebrated a century. Watson was odds on to join him on the landmark, but instead played on to Donald for 76. It was the end of a partnership of 221 for the fifth wicket. In turn Symonds was merely spurred on and hit a six, then a four on his way to 150. After tea West finally got him, lbw for 172, and the 'A' team pushed on toward the close of the innings with some quick wickets. Primary to the effort was Dave Richards, who spun out 3 cheap wickets after a long period of ineffective play.

The enormous innings closed on 721 and it was the turn of the Webbers to try their hand on the pitch. They fared well enough in the 10 overs faced and scored 33 runs without any incident.

Australians 1st Innings 721 all out (172.4 overs)
A Symonds 172, ML Hayden 140, RT Ponting 132, SR Watson 76, PA Jaques 56
BC Donald 4-135, DP Richards 3-84

Cricket Web 'A' 1st Innings 33-0 (10 overs)
BC Fitzsimmons 17*, SE Fuller 10*

Cricket Web 'A' trail by 688 runs with 10 first innings wickets remaining.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nothing less than absolutely shocked that Amir was preferred to me
:unsure:
You'll get over it.

4D Tour Match - Day 3 - Pickford Reserve

CWLand's second string dazzled and disappointed over the course of a frustrating third day. After Sean Fuller and Jamee Gray recovered from the loss of Bosco Fitzsimmons (21), the Webbers slumped from 178-1 to 310 all out. Indeed there was a lot of promise but very little actual substance after the impressive start to the day. Gray did all the hard work and played a nothing delivery from Symonds onto his stumps. Then Fuller was caught behind for 105, poking at a ball that slanted across him. It was the end of an excellent innings in which the opener looked in total control. In stark contrast, Rob Dauth revealed the pressure that he faces since being discarded from Cricket Web XI. He scratched around for 15 runs and then swiped at Bollinger to be caught by Haddin.

The Australians took wickets at regular intervals in the final session, though an aggressive cameo by Andrew Garven pushed the score toward 300. Cricket Web 'A' ultimately passed the triple century and closed to within 411 of the tourists. But instead of enforcing the follow-on, Ricky Ponting looked for extra batting practice for key individuals and decided to bat again. One of those men, Matthew Hayden looked in some of his best form of the tour, and counted 5 boundaries in a dashing 32.

Australians 1st Innings 721 all out (172.4 overs)
A Symonds 172, ML Hayden 140, RT Ponting 132, SR Watson 76, PA Jaques 56
BC Donald 4-135, DP Richards 3-84

Cricket Web 'A' 1st Innings 310 all out (95.2 overs)
SE Fuller 105, AJ Garven 42, JR Gray 40
MG Johnson 3-86

Australians 2nd Innings 71-0 (12 overs)
PA Jaques 37*, ML Hayden 32*

Australians lead by 482 runs with 10 second innings wickets remaining.