• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Zinzan

At least it's possible to draw on a flat one. Maybe India can draw one and then win one, and at 1-1 take the series to the decider in Dharmasala, where hopefully it'll just rain and be flat and series finishes as Drawn.
I don't think India are out of it yet by a long shot, but it's tough to know what sort of pitch to prepare for them next match.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if he's a clear cut above overall but temperamentally and mental toughness wise he's definitely a cut above IMO.

Zinzan

I'm not sure if he's a clear cut above overall but temperamentally and mental toughness wise he's definitely a cut above IMO.
I think it's fair to say he is at this moment. KW was badly exposed by Ashwin in India, while Root was very good without kicking on as much as he should have, but I'll reserve judgement at the end of the series.... a lot can happen in 3 matches.

Will be interesting where Smith's 2nd innings ton ranks in DOGs greatest test innings considering the circumstances and lack of runs from others batsmen.

centurymaker

Yea, cut above in the latter, and he's hacked batting actually, gets outside of line to prevent lbws, has ways to not edge, and just moving around to maximize his game and playing totally risk-free cricket.

His average will never go below 55.

adub

Anyone who compares SOK with Krezja in anyway trying to discount the quality of O'Keefe is a moron.

Taking 12-fer in their first Indian Test and playing for NSW are about the only two things they have in common.

centurymaker

I don't think India are out of it yet by a long shot, but it's tough to know what sort of pitch to prepare for them next match.
It's not tough at all.

It's a straightforward choice. India played on decent tracks against England and did well despite losing the tosses, expect just more of those normal tracks.

I doubt we'll see a total road because India is behind in the series. And likewise highly doubt a bunsen either. So its straightforward choice actually.

Zinzan

It's not tough at all.

It's a straightforward choice. India played on decent tracks against England and did well despite losing the tosses, expect just more of those normal tracks.

I doubt we'll see a total road because India is behind in the series. And likewise highly doubt a bunsen either. So its straightforward choice actually.
But Australia are also very strong on decent flattish tracks that just turn a little, this isn't England or New Zealand to be fair, where you turn up on decent wickets and roll them in 5 days by just bowling Ashwin and Jadeja for 80% of the overs.

Loose Cannon

Haven't seen enough "NSW defeats India" posts/headlines

After taking 0 wickets, scoring 0 centuries, and only 1 half century, the rest of Australia really needs to lift their game.

In fact, get Nev and Moz on a plane and cut loose some more non-NSW fat.

Spark

Global Moderator
But Australia are also very strong on decent flattish tracks that just turn a little, this isn't England or New Zealand to be fair, where you turn up on decent wickets and roll them in 5 days by just bowling Ashwin and Jadeja for 80% of the overs.
Actually we've spent most of the last decade being murdered on such pitches.

straw man

Incredible victory for Australia. I've only seen the scorecard so far and will have to catch highlights later. Warne copping it for writing off O'Keefe is quite amusing too, though he's the kind of guy who'll continue to claim he's right even when he's utterly wrong.

Australia genuine underdogs and they've given India a complete pummeling, one to remember for a long, long time.

centurymaker

Anyone who compares SOK with Krezja in anyway trying to discount the quality of O'Keefe is a moron.

Taking 12-fer in their first Indian Test and playing for NSW are about the only two things they have in common.
Wait and watch. You and your dude is in for a **** time in the next 3 games. Save this post. India will not repair sok as he'll get found out for bowling straight deliveries. And the pitch won't come to his rescue.

According to your logic, Nair is probably a Top 3 Indian batsmen because he has an impressive "domestic record" and a 300* against England on a roady road. Dire as **** logic when we are talking about International cricket on good fair surfaces.

Btw, the same god SOK allowed India A to score 400+ on a flatter surface with Iyer getting a double ton. Yea he is clearly a much much better bowler than Lyon based on a single match on a bunsen.

Zinzan

Incredible victory for Australia. I've only seen the scorecard so far and will have to catch highlights later. Warne copping it for writing off O'Keefe is quite amusing too, though he's the kind of guy who'll continue to claim he's right even when he's utterly wrong.

Australia genuine underdogs and they've given India a complete pummeling, one to remember for a long, long time.
I think a lot comes down to the fact they actually prepared this time around, as opposed to turning up following some pointless ODI/T20s in other parts of the world to then play a test in India.

Fair play to Australian cricket for allowing several key players to prepare for spinning tracks.

Gob

Wait and watch. You and your dude is in for a **** time in the next 3 games. Save this post. India will not repair sok as he'll get found out for bowling straight deliveries. And the pitch won't come to his rescue.

According to your logic, Nair is probably a Top 3 Indian batsmen because he has an impressive "domestic record" and a 300* against England on a roady road. Dire as **** logic when we are talking about International cricket on good fair surfaces.

Btw, the same god SOK allowed India A to score 400+ on a flatter surface with Iyer getting a double ton. Yea he is clearly a much much better bowler than Lyon based on a single match on a bunsen.
Stop making **** posts

Zinzan

Oh they turned, but I'm more thinking about the pitches in the UAE, and our last few tours of India in 2013, 2009, 2008 etc
I don't know enough about those wickets on previous Indian tours, but the UAE ones turned when NZ toured straight after Aust in 2014, even Mark Craig was getting it to rip :p

Not sure how much prep Aust did prior to previous tours to India either.

Daemon

Whenever I see you make comments like this I can't help but think you're still annoyed at him going through India at Adelaide and generally out bowling Ashwin in the series.
Nah, I hated him long before that, and even more when I found out about O'Keefe. I'm not a big Ashwin fan either.

Anti gambhiring, I like it

aussie tragic

In the 5 Tests Lyon and O'Keefe have now played together

Lyon: 215.5 overs, 20 wkts @ 37.45, BBI 4/53, BBM 5/74, econ 3.45, SR 65.0

O'Keefe: 175 overs, 26 wkts @ 20.34, BBI 6/35, BBM 12/70, econ 3.02, SR 40.3