• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

centurymaker

But Australia are also very strong on decent flattish tracks that just turn a little, this isn't England or New Zealand to be fair, where you turn up on decent wickets and roll them in 5 days by just bowling Ashwin and Jadeja for 80% of the overs.
Indian flat/fair surfaces with a bit of turn are not the same as the bouncy flat decks that Aus is used to. Yes Australian batsmen showed a great deal of application in last game so its going to be a nice test.

Indian spinners were spinning it too much and had little chance of finding any edge given the Aus strategy. In contrast, if it turns a lot less, edges will be back in the game for indian bowlers.

Zinzan

Wait and watch. You and your dude is in for a **** time in the next 3 games. Save this post. India will not repair sok as he'll get found out for bowling straight deliveries. And the pitch won't come to his rescue.
Isn't bowling straight & letting the wicket do the rest exactly why Jadeja is Murali on Indian pitches and Ashley Giles anywhere else in the world?

Unless you're suggesting they'll play on un-Indian wickets for the next 3 games, you've just described what spinners need to do in Indian, bowl straight & accurately, and rely on small subtle natural variations.

adub

Haven't seen enough "NSW defeats India" posts/headlines

After taking 0 wickets, scoring 0 centuries, and only 1 half century, the rest of Australia really needs to lift their game.

In fact, get Nev and Moz on a plane and cut loose some more non-NSW fat.
I like the way you think.

We have 2 Victorians in the side. So obviously we'd be twice as good with half as many.

TheJediBrah

Aye, you saying you thought Smith would be the best of the 3 in Indian conditions prior to the summer starting. If so, credit to you... I remember most were thinking it would be KW.
Pretty sure most people would have picked it. Always seemed quite clear to me tbh

Yea. And no one was expecting such a pitch. It was so random.
not quite, pretty much everyone in Australia expected it. Just go back through this thread for a look. Or any pre-series articles.

But Australia are also very strong on decent flattish tracks that just turn a little, this isn't England or New Zealand to be fair, where you turn up on decent wickets and roll them in 5 days by just bowling Ashwin and Jadeja for 80% of the overs.
wrong

Wait and watch. You and your dude is in for a **** time in the next 3 games. Save this post. India will not repair sok as he'll get found out for bowling straight deliveries. And the pitch won't come to his rescue.

According to your logic, Nair is probably a Top 3 Indian batsmen because he has an impressive "domestic record" and a 300* against England on a roady road. Dire as **** logic when we are talking about International cricket on good fair surfaces.

Btw, the same god SOK allowed India A to score 400+ on a flatter surface with Iyer getting a double ton. Yea he is clearly a much much better bowler than Lyon based on a single match on a bunsen.
Nothing coherent or relevant in this post at all. Makes no sense whatsoever

adub

My missus hadn't been paying attention to the game so I was filling her in about the result, especially SOKs 6/35s. She wanted to know if I'd been sticking it up Shane Warne on here. ;)

Her words when I informed her that I had indeed done so?

"he's a very special kind of person isn't he?"

Yes my dear. A very special kind of person indeed.

TheJediBrah

Isn't bowling straight & letting the wicket do the rest exactly why Jadeja is Murali on Indian pitches and Ashley Giles anywhere else in the world?

Unless you're suggesting they'll play on un-Indian wickets for the next 3 games, you've just described what spinners need to do in Indian, bowl straight & accurately, and rely on small subtle natural variations.
lol exactly

My missus hadn't been paying attention to the game so I was filling her in about the result, especially SOKs 6/35s. She wanted to know if I'd been sticking it up Shane Warne on here. ;)
weird mine just tells to to **** off talking to her about cricket

Last edited:

adub

According to your logic, Nair is probably a Top 3 Indian batsmen because he has an impressive "domestic record" and a 300* against England on a roady road. Dire as **** logic when we are talking about International cricket on good fair surfaces.

Btw, the same god SOK allowed India A to score 400+ on a flatter surface with Iyer getting a double ton. Yea he is clearly a much much better bowler than Lyon based on a single match on a bunsen.
Anyone who compares SOK with Krezja in anyway trying to discount the quality of O'Keefe is a moron.

and one more time for the dummies...

Anyone who compares SOK with Krezja in anyway trying to discount the quality of O'Keefe is a moron.

Gnske

Kiwibloc get your rogue factions under control.

Starfighter

not quite, pretty much everyone in Australia expected it. Just go back through this thread for a look. Or any pre-series articles.
Yup, staggers me that some think such a pitch was unexpected. It's funny reading some back to certain (usually same) people complaining that the pitch might be too flat and the constant insistence that it was not a turner. If that pitch wasn't a turner then how many times does the ball have to beat the bloody bat to be one?

Daemon

I'm surprised to see so many South African fans congratulating Australia. I thought you can't win on these sort of tracks when you lose the toss and it just becomes a lottery?

centurymaker

No, that ploy mainly works on surfaces with assistance. If you are playing on a normal flat pitch and simply bowling straight at 80-85 km/h, you are going to get smacked like Sok is in the coming games.

Also on a flatter pitch, Jadeja is not even 40% of Murali. But he has improved with his revs etc. And he actually bowls quicker than sok, giving batsmen less time.

Gnske

I'm surprised to see so many South African fans congratulating Australia. I thought you can't win on these sort of tracks when you lose the toss and it just becomes a lottery?
Only when its a real disgrace like Nagpurgate

Daemon

Yup, staggers me that some think such a pitch was unexpected. It's funny reading some back to certain (usually same) people complaining that the pitch might be too flat and the constant insistence that it was not a turner. If that pitch wasn't a turner then how many times does the ball have to beat the bloody bat to be one?
Dunno, I was actually quite surprised (and ironically, a bit relieved to be honest). I recall myself and a few others posting about how we were expecting flatter wickets like we'd been seeing of late and how it would mean Starc and Hazlewood would outbowl us, not to mention the Australian batsmen being more comfortable.

As for the pitch not being a turner, did anyone say that? I think hb kept saying how it wasn't a bunsen or whatever but he clearly has a different definition for that word compared to the rest of the world. I think the main argument from people was that it wasn't a disgraceful pitch. I thought it was a fun wicket tbh, but I wouldn't like to see too many of these because I like innings lasting long enough for there to be quality reverse bowling on display.

centurymaker

Yes, it starts of as 50-50 but after toss, it's like 67-33 or 75-25 in favor of team winning the toss. I can recall that even Elgar the south african opener was picking up 3-fers dismissing top and middle order batsmen. And he was bowling his left arm deliveries at 75 km/h or so.

Those pitches were ****. India was lucky to win crucial tosses and lucky that steyn and philander both succumbed to injury.

India was the weaker side overall, leading into the series. (Also SA had drawn both of their previous two series in India, narrowly missing out on winning them) and this time they may have won on normal pitches, so India had no option but to gamble. And luckily it worked. Don't forget India was regularly 140/6 or 150/7 and then Ashwin or Jadeja would rescue the total. Crazy series.

OverratedSanity

I thought it was a fun wicket tbh, but I wouldn't like to see too many of these because I like innings lasting long enough for there to be quality reverse bowling on display.
That's because we didn't bat long enough tbh. But agree with the rest of the post.

anil1405

For the love of cricket India should win this series and deny Australia the confidence of winning their toughest assignment which would inspire them to be a dominant force once again.

Burgey

Fmd mate. He's saying O'Keefe is a miles better bowler than Krayfish. Why is that so objectionable to you? Anyone can look at their records and see that's the case.

I'd understand your tying yourself in so many knots if he'd said O'Keefe was going to dominate the whole series, but he isn't. He's saying he's a better bowler than Krezja and the two aren't comparable.