• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Shingirai Masakadza a prospect for the Zimbabwean team anytime soon?
Yeah, played for Zimbabwe A in the tour game the other day and picked up a wicket. Realistically he's still behind a few guys but he's reasonably close.

TT Boy

Defendable? Looks like Propser will open the bowling, few token overs from the pie chucker Elton or Justice and then onto Price and Cremer. Hamilton and Matsikenyeri might also be needed with the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Defendable? Looks like Propser will open the bowling, few token overs from the pie chucker Elton or Justice and then onto Price and Cremer. Hamilton and Matsikenyeri might also be needed with the ball.
Well they aren't out of it, but they're definitely second favourites now. Why Rainsford wasn't picked is something I don't think I'll ever know; that attack is terrible. They could do so much better.

Zimbabwe learning that picking eight batsmen doesn't mean you get 12 wickets, too. The hard way.

TT Boy

Looks like Zim have blown it in their first three overs. Nothing medium pacers, even Bangladesh know what to do with them.

Chubb

Terrible selection for this game. I get that the spinners are the strongest element of the attack, but room should have been found for another seamer. Prince is right that it should have been Rainsford, who is easily the best of them.

Got to love Vermeulen's knock though.

Cruxdude

Come on Vermeulen !! Wonder what Pathan thinks about when he sees this guy. Must be feeling guilty.

Chubb

Come on Vermeulen !! Wonder what Pathan thinks about when he sees this guy. Must be feeling guilty.
Vermeulen had a history of unstable behaviour before that incident (indeed had suffered a less severe skull injury just over a year previous), and whilst that fracture was a factor in what happened to him, it is not the sole reason why he did what he did. So Pathan has no need to feel guilty about it.

Cruxdude

Vermeulen had a history of unstable behaviour before that incident (indeed had suffered a less severe skull injury just over a year previous), and whilst that fracture was a factor in what happened to him, it is not the sole reason why he did what he did. So Pathan has no need to feel guilty about it.
hmm

Anyways Go Vermuelen Go !!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Terrible selection for this game. I get that the spinners are the strongest element of the attack, but room should have been found for another seamer. Prince is right that it should have been Rainsford, who is easily the best of them.

Got to love Vermeulen's knock though.
I probably would've played two extra seamers, TBH. Cremer's an excellent talent but he's not suited to one-day cricket at the moment so I would've played Rainsford for him, and I really think Zimbabwe were a bowler short in general - Chibhabha is a batsman at international level; not someone you should be looking to get ten overs from. He's a sixth bowler at best and not only did they open the bowling with him, but they kept bringing him back because they had no-one else to turn to. I think the selectors were fooled into picking him in this role because he bowled well in the tour game - but he did that as second change on the back of a top order demolition from - shock horror - proper opening bowlers.

So in would come Mpofu/Mupariwa/Mahwire/Manyumwa/whoeveryoulike for Matsikenyeri, Coventry or Chibhabha himself. Preferably Mpofu in for Matsikenyeri IMO.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

I guess there is more important stuff going on, but surprised noone's mentioned Ashraful's ton. Always hoped he would come good eventually. Hope it's not a flash in the pan.

Having said that, this is just Zimbabwe. And it's good to see Bangladesh thrashing them, as they should if they want to now be considered as worthy opposition for the other nations.