• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web XI in the West Indies

AUST_HiTMaN

Nnanden said:
Awesome. Couldn`t be more thrilled to make the team. Can`t wait. I hope I can help the Webheads to a series win, would be the experience of a lifetime. Potentially 5/11 Blues in the team, but even better is playing alongside experienced International Players, a chance I won`t often get. :)
'Grats mate. Well deserved after seasons of performances in Dev.

Best of luck to the new-look seam attack. Kill 'em.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Goff leads from front and Webheads cruise
Cricket Web XI vs West Indies
1st ODI

Captain Brendon Goff compiled a tame 93 not out to lead the Cricket Web XI to a comfortable 7-wicket victory and a 1-0 series lead over the West Indies. Goff added 117 with Chris Butler for the second wicket, and the Webheads recovered from an early setback at 16/2 to reach a modest target of 211 with 26 balls to spare.

The early focus lay squarely on the Cricket Web debutants, and Dinu DeSilva, Nath Patrick and Tom Halsey received their first international caps. Two overs into the game and there was further cause for celebration. Xavier Rose, returning to the ODI team and the country of his birth, dismissed Chris Gayle for 1 to mark an early setback for the home side.

Marlon Samuels and Runako Morton recovered slowly against some sharp new ball bowling from Hoy and Rose, but when Patrick entered the attack, the gameplan changed. Unwilling to let the youngster settle into a rhythm, the West Indians ravaged him for 33 runs in his first 4 overs.

Samuels was caught-and-bowled by Halsey attempting to further press the momentum, then Sarwan was caught at midoff 9 balls later. Halsey went on to keep the West Indians in a tangle with a delightful spell, bowling Chanderpaul through the gate to wrap up a 3-wicket debut haul. Hoy returned and dismissed top-scorer Morton for a very good 96, then he and Rose frustrated the home crowd in allowing just 8 runs from the final 3 overs of the innings.

The total of 210 hardly looked likely to be enough before the Cricket Web innings, but after Edwards trapped Markus in front with a sharp yorker and Camps was caught in the gully off Bradshaw, there seemed to be some spirit left in the game. Unfortunately that spirit did not bear as much brilliance as it did for the West Indies during the Test series, and Chris Butler calmly grafted a half-century to stabilize the innings with his captain.

David Kearsley replaced Butler when he was caught at deep midwicket, but he batted just as assuredly and finished unbeaten on his highest ODI score of 30.

West Indies 210/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web XI 214/3 (45.4 overs)

Cricket Web XI won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: TC Halsey

Attachments

cbuts

great win guys, great way to start the series, on a personal note it was great to finally do something for the team, after an average test series

thewizard1o1

Neil Who? Go Halsey :D

Great win...now lets keep them down with a good performance in the next match. (oh well done to the new guys! even nath ;))

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
*applause*

We have talent in this team. This is why I was so frustrated when we collapsed in tour games.

Great performance Hoy. You keep improving your pitching of the ball without compromising the pace. Great to watch.

Rose - You are orivng a perfect foil for Hoy. Such a miser and so hard to put away.

Halsey - I have always believed you have turck loads of talent. You are putting in effort on line and length as well and I expect great things from you in the coming matches as well.

Nath - Never mind. Every one has bad days in one dayers and the batsmen do decide to target some one when every one is bowling tight.

Markus - If you keep putting in overs like that the 5th bowler problem will be resolved.

Liam - Was worried regarding the bowling. I am glad your experience helps you deliver so well.

Batting -

Markus, Camps - You tried to weather the new ball without going for stupid shots. Maybe you should have just played your natural game despite it being a smallish total.

Goffy - :bows: A superb inning. Nothing to say.

Buts - You played with a lot of intellegence taking the singles and twos while Goffy kept going for fours off lose deliveries. Very good way to have a partnership.

Kearsey - started off where Goffy left off.

The team is playing to a plan. The series isn't over and I know you guys are capable of maintaining the level.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Unchanged squads for second ODI

With a stunningly self-explanatory headline at the fore, this press release is stunningly short and sweet.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
Markus, Camps - You tried to weather the new ball without going for stupid shots. Maybe you should have just played your natural game despite it being a smallish total.
Think the same message should be emphasised every time, no matter the outcome.

kears_falcon_9

Well played boys. Great batting by Goffy and Buts. Well bowled by everyone. (except for maybe Patrick :)) All in all though it was a great win.

Happy to get in there and knock around 30 quick runs and stay not out.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, shut-down. Well bowled to everyone else, kept it tight as the Windies didn`t make much of a score at all. And then Goff and co got the runs in a breeze.

Great effort fellas, I`ll try and do better for the next one. :D