• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia (The VB Series)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slats4ever said:
i hope we're back in town for some dev action...

happy to swallow my ban, and glad that i spoke out at the same time, and i have no regrets.

Just a quick question... this might belong in the stats part but what's the highest ever OD opening partnership by CW?
It was 138 (by Twyman and Moon vs West Indies in the NatWest Series at Old Trafford) - but that was at the end of the Pakistan Test series. Since then, we've played ODIs with Pakistan and Bangladesh, and also the Chairman's Trophy at home. Pending confirmation, however, the 165 stand between Markus and Camps is a CW record.

AUST_HiTMaN

I Personally apologise to Cloete. While the batsmen got runs on the board (for once ;) ) us bowlers just couldnt take the needed wickets, and keep the runs down. Can't have a go at the batters for that performance, we just didn't have the strike power.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
It was 138 (by Twyman and Moon vs West Indies in the NatWest Series at Old Trafford) - but that was at the end of the Pakistan Test series. Since then, we've played ODIs with Pakistan and Bangladesh, and also the Chairman's Trophy at home. Pending confirmation, however, the 165 stand between Markus and Camps is a CW record.
Confirmed here.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ian Markus will miss his next 2 internationals, under CWBCC disciplinary action for inapprorpriate language whilst referring to coach Richard Dickinson in an interview. The punishment may be regarded by some as not strict enough, but the CWBCC has not been contacted for comment as to this suggestion.
Erm how come the disciplinary committee took so long to meet?

Surely it should have been instant (as happens IRL) - in which case Markus has already missed 2 games.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Erm how come the disciplinary committee took so long to meet?

Surely it should have been instant (as happens IRL) - in which case Markus has already missed 2 games.
Contrary to popular opinion, I don't act alone Marc. Communication had to come about. 8-)

And no, common sense would dictate that he has not missed 2 games, as he did not not play for two games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If a player is injured that has no effect on suspensions.

So what you are in effect doing is punishing him twice by waiting for him to get fit before banning him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
If a player is injured that has no effect on suspensions.

So what you are in effect doing is punishing him twice by waiting for him to get fit before banning him.
1/ He was not yet suspended then because Reuben didn't have his input yet.
2/ He missed one game with injury.

Ian is happy with it Marc. Please don't make nothing into a big issue. The decision stands.

Loony BoB

Final CWXI stats for the VB series attached, notably...

CR Butler - 283 runs @ 47.17 (2x 50, 1x 100) and 4 wickets @ 20.00 (1x 4w)
AP Cloete - 142 runs @ 35.350 (2x 50)
BJ Goff - 160 runs @ 32.00 (2x 50)
LA Camps - 147 runs @ 29.40 (1x 50) and 8 wickets @ 22.38 (2x 4w)

Ghansar also did well in his one innings, 39 runs off 36 balls, and Rose's bowling wasn't too shabby in his two outings, three wickets at 31.33. Butler was the "top" in the eco rates with 3.81 while Pickup was also economical with 4.44 off his 52 overs. Chaulk behind the stumps made six catches in as many matches.

To be honest, though, it is kind of sad when these are the top figures. Camps and Butler really were the only two players who really went all the way, in my opinion...

Attachments

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

Loony BoB said:
LA Camps - 147 runs @ 29.40 (1x 50) and 8 wickets @ 22.38 (2x 4w)
Pity his 8 wickets came in the last 2 games. If he could of actually got a wicket in the earlier games it would of helped ;)

Inconsistant sods :p