• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CW XI pre-WC tournamnet

gibbsnsmith

also, just backreading on threads, Ive noticed, Ive been pathtic in the 2 innings Ive batted so far. I hope you keep faith in me, Marc, Ill come through, surely!

NikhilN

jamee999 said:
In the latest match I scored one run less than you at a higher strike rate,with more boundaries,I bowled at a better economy rate than you and I took more catches then you *breathes*.
I am just a part time bowler...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rich_2001 XI to play the Langeveldt XI
Rich_2001 (C)
Krkode
Deeps
Jagaways
R_Powell_fan
Eyes Only (wk)
Imran Khan Jr. (vc)
Chris Broadbent
Rolande
Vishnu Reddy
Top Cat

Langeveldt XI to play the Rich_2001 XI
Dylan Jellett
Paid the Umpire
Rik
Langevedt (C)
Mr Mxyzptlk
SquidAU
Eclipse (vc)
Pratyush Agarwal
David Jr.
Dave
Ryan (wk)

Last edited by a moderator:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 team:

Ferd
Gibbsnsmith
jamee999
Peter Young
marc71178 (c)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Nikhil Nichani
Mr Ponting
Tom Halsey
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm a little disheartened by the lack of team spirit shown by one individual.

I would like to take the opportunity to remind him that there's a plane ticket to NZ on the line, and to stop whining and start playing.

PY

Neil Pickup said:
I'm a little disheartened by the lack of team spirit shown by one individual.

I would like to take the opportunity to remind him that there's a plane ticket to NZ on the line, and to stop whining and start playing.
Hear hear.

I have been away for a couple of days and would just like to thank Marc for moving me around and giving me a chance with the gloves. Did my new glue-secreting gloves work? :sweat:

Come on guys, let's bounce back and win the next game comprehensively :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Blewy said:
Blewy XI for the match against Marc's XI on Thursday

Ian Markus
Craig
StUEy
Blewy (C)
Samuel Vimes (wk)
Xavier Rose
Patrick Fisher
Nibblet (vc)
Don Ricardo
Chris Hinton
David Kennett

Same XI no changes as yet...
Hey thanks for the promotion to #6.Need to work on my bowling though. By the way when and where is the next WC? I'd assume it's pretty soon.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's good to see my team taking more interest in this series than the other 4 put together!

The team bonding sessions in the bar must be paying off.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rich_2001 XI bow out with another defeat. Encouraging rearguard efforts seen in the other game though.

Langeveldt XI vs. Rich_2001 XI at the PDV Dome

LANGEVELDT XI 238 50.0 overs
RICH_2001 XI 199 43.5 overs

Langeveldt XI won by 39 runs

Man of the match: Mr Mxyzptlk

Blewy XI vs. Marc71178 XI at the Cricket Web Oval
BLEWY XI 201 49.5 overs
MARC71178 XI 202/6 37.1 overs

Marc71178 XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Mr Ponting

Attachments

Blewy

Well its been an ordinary showing from all the team so far, nobody has been consistent...
We have 1 more game so lets LIFT people....

Blewy XI for the match against Lang's XI on Friday

Craig
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Blewy (C)
Ian Markus
Samuel Vimes (wk)
Xavier Rose
Nibblet (vc)
Don Ricardo
Chris Hinton
David Kennett

rolande

c'mon rich2001XI we should have won that easy us bowlers bowled well espescially my and r.powell we conceded only 3 an over each

AUST_HiTMaN

Gotta love those stats. My batting: Played 3 g ames, 2 innnigs, balls faced: 2, runs scored 0, highest score 0.

Lovely, 2 first ball ducks :laugh: ohwell, i guess luck isnt with my batting this comp :P

Fairly disapointed with my bowling aswell. 1/20 off 6 with 2 wides and 2 no balls. Just not good enough for a opening bowler.

A great win again by the Langs, Eclipse showed he can bat well at virtually any position, coming in at 7 and hitting a 50 not out. Great stuff. Fantastic bowling by Liam to help us bowl out Rich's XI.

Look forward to the next game vs Blewy XI.

Tom Halsey

Very pleased with my bowling - shame that everyone else in my team can bat - meaning I don't think I'll ever get above 9. :(

Yousuf_Youhana

10-0-35-1 3.50 Nbs 2 Wds 3

Imran Khan(Jr) c. David(Jr) b. Rik 23 37 1 0 62.2%

Just reminds me of my first season as a CW-B player..Satisfied with my performance but not the result.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 team:

Peter Young
Gibbsnsmith
jamee999
marc71178 (c)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Nikhil Nichani
Ferd
Tom Halsey
Mr Ponting
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

PY

Shocker from me........:(

Really worried about spot in squad for WC now. :sweat:

Glad that we had a welcome return to form as a team though and it seems we are gelling (?) as a unit and can look to whooping the rest of the opposition. :D

Last edited: