• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CW XI pre-WC tournamnet

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The WC is in about a week from Sunday hopefully and will be held in the West Indies.
Thanks hope that's when it'll be and that i'll be in the squad :thumbup: When will the squad be announced? Come on Blewy XI let's at least try not to finish last.

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
Thanks hope that's when it'll be and that i'll be in the squad :thumbup: When will the squad be announced? Come on Blewy XI let's at least try not to finish last.
The final squad will be named on Wednesday hopefully.

Mr Mxyzptlk

A convincing win for the Marc71178 XI to move on into the final ahead of their opponents the Cloete XI. It should be a truly epic matchup in tomorrow's final as the two best (IMO) teams in the tournament square off. Averages for the preliminary round of matches are attached.

Marc71178 XI vs. Cloete XI at the Cricket Web Oval

CLOETE XI 248/7 50.0 overs
MARC71178 XI 250/5 43.3 overs

Marc71178 XI won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Gibbs N Smith

Langeveldt XI vs. Blewy XI at the PDV Dome

LANGEVELDT XI 244 49.4 overs
BLEWY XI 245/9 42.2 overs

Blewy XI won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: Mr Mxyzptlk

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

Well the tourny started off well for me, but fell away dramatically in the last 2 games.

Am appalled with having the lowest average in the comp, im not as bad at batting as the averages show.

But hopefully i can find a hint of form and take a few wickets in the final coming up :)

AUST_HiTMaN

thats better then me mate. Ive gone 0(1), DNB, 0(1), 4(14). Leaving me with a nice healthy average of 1.33 and a Strike Rate of 25.00. Lovely isnt it? :p

AUST_HiTMaN

LOL, In Real Life im a bowling all rounder, however CW seems to decided i am a bowler who cant bat :p Either that or ive just had some terrible bad luck for the last 9 or so games :P

Cloete

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A convincing win for the Marc71178 XI to move on into the final ahead of their opponents the Cloete XI. It should be a truly epic matchup in tomorrow's final as the two best (IMO) teams in the tournament square off. Averages for the preliminary round of matches are attached.

Marc71178 XI vs. Cloete XI at the Cricket Web Oval

CLOETE XI 248/7 50.0 overs
MARC71178 XI 250/5 43.3 overs

Marc71178 XI won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Gibbs N Smith

Langeveldt XI vs. Blewy XI at the PDV Dome

LANGEVELDT XI 244 49.4 overs
BLEWY XI 245/9 42.2 overs

Blewy XI won by 1 wickets

Man of the match: Mr Mxyzptlk
Well why didn't you even it out a bit? Maybe bolster the Cloete XI? But no....

:tongue:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Final Cloete XI:

Bugssy
Broncoman
Cloete
Age Master
Adil Dewan+
C Buts
Master Blaster
Lord of Darkness
Lucky Eddie
Sanz
Yaju Arya

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Final Cloete XI:

Bugssy
Broncoman
Cloete
Age Master
Adil Dewan+
C Buts
Master Blaster
Lord of Darkness
Lucky Eddie
Sanz
Yaju Arya
A bit too late. The Cloete XI are out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Well why didn't you even it out a bit? Maybe bolster the Cloete XI? But no....

:tongue:
It was evened out, but in this tournament the Marc71178 XI and Langevedlt XI have performed the best, therefore they are the strongest.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chrisbroadie said:
very pleased for myself in my debut series, finishing tied 2nd in wickets
Mr Mxy - where to from here for me?????
Stay tuned for the start of the Dev League Season 6. More information should be available next week.