• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CW XI pre-WC tournamnet

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Team for the Final Hurrah

Ferd
Gibbsnsmith
Nikhil Nichani
Peter Young
marc71178 (c)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
jamee999
Mr Ponting
Tom Halsey
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

Go for it team!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, because, as I've already said once, we have a surplus of regular openers who aren't getting the chance, so I'm not going to move a part-timer up there ahead of them,

Count yourself lucky to be batting at 3 and not where you have been in the past 2 matches.

I'm glad my team is getting involved, but not in the manner that you are - a disruptive player is going to find that counts against themselves if there's a close call for a spot in the World Cup squad.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Proud Indian said:
aww man I still dont get to open :(
Gah, you been taking lessons from Ponting on how to be a general pain in t'backside?

I'm fairly pleased to find myself fourth in the wickets list despite having had a fairly dodgy tournament, though the performance in the last game was more than useful :)

Let's finish the job!

Marky Robbins' Orange Army!
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

PY

With a little help from my stunning wicketkeeping skills Neil, nice stumping last game!! ( probably hit my pads and bounced back onto the stumps, not unlike me being dismissed in house cricket in Year 9 :mad: )

Happy with a welcome return to form though still not sure where my best position for batting is but just happy to still be involved in the tournament. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
It's Marc you Ginger twerp
It doesn't quite work without the extra syllable in there.

I toyed with Marco, Robbinso and Robbinsy, and I spelt it with a K because otherwise it's a soft c as in Marcel.. so there!

Mr. P

Neil Pickup said:
Gah, you been taking lessons from Ponting on how to be a general pain in t'backside?!
:huh: :@ :mad:
At least I wasn't the one who started this chant:
Neil Pickup said:
How pathetic can you get? :blink:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not a bad tourney for me. R=105 HS=65 Avg=26.25 :p but not so convincing in the bowling department. W=3 BB=2/32 Avge=41.33 :@ Oh well!! At least I did better overall than a lot of people but still just above average. :dry:

Mr Mxyzptlk

In perfect batting conditions and in front of a packed house, the Marc71178 XI didn't make best use of the pitch and were fighting an uphill battle from then in.

The Final - Langeveldt XI vs. Marc71178 XI
at the Cricket Web Oval

MARC71178 XI 222 46.4 overs
LANGEVELDT XI 223/6 45.2 overs

Langeveldt XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Nikhil Nichani

Attachments

NikhilN

Top run getter in 4 of the 5 matches...man am I in form or what...and I took the most wickets in this match as well :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Proud Indian said:
Top run getter in 4 of the 5 matches...man am I in form or what...and I took the most wickets in this match as well :D

But what does it matter when the team loses?

bugssy

very happy with my pre world cup tourny

2 50's and a tonne

and im very happy with my a average up near 60 after 40 games

bring on the world cup

i can see te font page of the paper allready

*****news flash ********

cwx1 win world cup