• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWBCC Chairmen's Trophy Season XIV

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sending Fuller to open a really dubious move IMO. Camps playing anything higher than Grade also a bit strange.

chaminda_00

Useless call. Should've picked someone with a decent middle-order record.

Hope I do well anyway.
You know anyone?

Can't think of any OD batsmen in the Dev League that has a decent record, that isn't based on top order performances.

The ones that have, we played before or injuried (Dauth, Towns, De Silva). Apart from maybe selecting a 'I post once a season player' (Blackman) it was either you or Scott. Last time I checked Scott scored all his runs at the top of order as well. And shown even less promise below 3.

Should have probaby selected Gray. Oh wait he scored all his runs at the top order as well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Apart from maybe selecting a 'I post once a season player' (Blackman)
I had this argument with Morkeh last night. Blackman is actually pretty active, reads the forums a fair bit, just doesn't post. Anyway, that's not my point. My point is that since when has activity become a criteria for the XI? If you tried to pick a "Least Active XI" from Dev League, you'd almost have the ****ing national side. Pickup, Cloete, Crampton, Chaulk, Gough, Dauth. All of the ****s have barely posted a word this season.

And anyway, FTR, if I was a selector I'd probably have gone for Garven or Corrin myself.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I had this argument with Morkeh last night. Blackman is actually pretty active, reads the forums a fair bit, just doesn't post.
It's really not hard to post if you have the time to read as often as that. Really no excuse, unless his keyboard is broken.
My point is that since when has activity become a criteria for the XI? If you tried to pick a "Least Active XI" from Dev League, you'd almost have the ****ing national side. Pickup, Cloete, Crampton, Chaulk, Gough, Dauth. All of the ****s have barely posted a word this season.
Crampton is actually pretty active.

Besides the fact that activity is criteria, inasmuch as a player who is inactive cannot be selected. A player like Blackman is dangerously close to being named inactive, and really should be if he doesn't improve his posting record.

And anyway, FTR, if I was a selector I'd probably have gone for Garven or Corrin myself.
What's the sense of picking Garven ahead of you? His overall record is much worse and whatever success he's had has been opening the batting. It's a worse argument than the one to not pick you.

Regarding Corrin, he would be a consideration IMO, especially since he bowls useful spin.

SirBloody Idiot

Garven has been the definition of ordinary this season, as well. Corrin has been solid if unspectacular and I'm an opening batsman (in the shorter game at least) whose been average at best.

Smith the best choice IMO, but I'd have opened with him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's really not hard to post if you have the time to read as often as that. Really no excuse, unless his keyboard is broken.
There is a reason, but I doubt he'd want me talking about it here. Anyway.

Besides the fact that activity is criteria, inasmuch as a player who is inactive cannot be selected.
Well I expect to see Cloete and Pickup dropped. Oh wait...

Regarding Corrin, he would be a consideration IMO, especially since he bowls useful spin.
Has just as good a record as me with the bat, miles ahead of mine in the middle.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well I expect to see Cloete and Pickup dropped. Oh wait...
Pickup is not inactive. Cloete is dangerously close to being inactive, but if Blackman isn't he isn't either. But you're right, we should crack down on the Black inactivity and give you something more to moan about.
Has just as good a record as me with the bat, miles ahead of mine in the middle.
And as I said, he's come into consideration. But Corrin has had an up and down season, as have you, so we favoured the experience there.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pickup is not inactive. Cloete is dangerously close to being inactive, but if Blackman isn't he isn't either. But you're right, we should crack down on the Black inactivity and give you something more to moan about.
Hey, do what ya gotta do, but at least be consistent about it.

And as if I'd moan about inactivity, I'd have absolutely no grounds to stand on. I didn't say a peep about Armstrong earlier in the season, and in fact, I haven't even bothered chasing him up to get him active because he'd just go inactive. Did the same with Arnold FTR, he admitted he wouldn't have much time so I just told him not to sign in at all.

But hey, you can insult me all you like.

new_age_ar

I hardly post, but my activity never comes under question. You guys a pretty soft on activity. Though I guess if you were harder, people would just post for sake of it.

Corrrin for CW IMO, best middle order OD batsmen in the country.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Isn't the solution obvious? Open with Smith and drop Fuller back to where he's been killing it in ODIs.