• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't concede three goals (obvs one was offside) and expect to win a game, end of. Defensive midssss

cpr

You're having a laugh I reckon. Liverpool made far more chances, and better chances, than United did all game. And dangerous chances as well. Unfortunately, we don't have what you guys are well stocked with: world class forwards and a world class keeper.

Sturridge playing in this game would have had a hat-trick.
I'm not having a laugh at all, in fact did you actually read my post? I acknowledged Liverpool had more chances, but I said I didn't feel they would win, or even draw, because I felt they would spurn them whereas others wouldn't

Basically you quoted my post, called me out, then proceeded to agree with it....

Sorry, just noticed the other post was mine too - posted about 20 mins into the game? Before you started having the really good chances in the 2nd half when basically we were losing it, then you were wasting it back. Admittedly Stirling just had a half decent chance (which TBH I'd expect a keeper to save), but the other 25 mins you'd not put pressure on the most fragile defence Utd had had in a long time.

Last edited:

cpr

What? Not only has McCoist's resignation been accepted, but during his 12 months notice he'll get a pay rise???

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What? Not only has McCoist's resignation been accepted, but during his 12 months notice he'll get a pay rise???
Haven't caught up with the story but he deferred half his salary a year ago to help out with the last financial crisis caused by the board.

Uppercut

Basel vs Porto
Arsenal vs. Monaco
Juventus vs. Dortmund
Shakhtar vs. Bayern
Schalke vs. Real Madrid
PSG vs. Chelsea
Citeh vs. Barcelona
Leverkusen vs. Atletico Madrid

Great draw for Arsenal, bad draw for Citeh and Chelsea.

Ikki

I'm not having a laugh at all, in fact did you actually read my post? I acknowledged Liverpool had more chances, but I said I didn't feel they would win, or even draw, because I felt they would spurn them whereas others wouldn't

Basically you quoted my post, called me out, then proceeded to agree with it....

Sorry, just noticed the other post was mine too - posted about 20 mins into the game? Before you started having the really good chances in the 2nd half when basically we were losing it, then you were wasting it back. Admittedly Stirling just had a half decent chance (which TBH I'd expect a keeper to save), but the other 25 mins you'd not put pressure on the most fragile defence Utd had had in a long time.
I'll just say if the opposition was cutting up my team and having the kind of chances that Liverpool did, the last thing I'd be thinking is "welp, they don't look like they can even get a draw here".

cpr

I'll just say if the opposition was cutting up my team and having the kind of chances that Liverpool did, the last thing I'd be thinking is "welp, they don't look like they can even get a draw here".
Well considering by the time you started to have the decent chances (ie 2nd half), we were 2-0 up. I'd have started worrying if you'd started scoring any of them, as then you might get a draw. As it was, you never got within a goal of getting anything out of it, so why should I be worried? Why should I feel you'll even manage a draw when you can't even get within a goal of getting the result?

duffer

Basel vs Porto
Arsenal vs. Monaco
Juventus vs. Dortmund
Shakhtar vs. Bayern
Schalke vs. Real Madrid
PSG vs. Chelsea
Citeh vs. Barcelona
Leverkusen vs. Atletico Madrid

Great draw for Arsenal, bad draw for Citeh and Chelsea.
Someone on an Arsenal forum claims we get Porto/Basel if we get though Monaco? If true it's the best draw we've ever had.

You've obviously never supported a team with David De Gea in it.
Heh, I remember reading those "De Gea vs Szczesny" threads on redcafe. As much as I like Wojciech there's only one winner right now.

Tom Halsey

Yeah I tend to be pretty pessimistic when actually watching games no matter how confident I'd been beforehand but yesterday I just didn't feel worried that we wouldn't win at any point really. Contrast that to the Arsenal and Southampton games, both of which I thought we'd do very well to even draw into the second halves.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Suck it Chelsea.

FTR, I'd have taken Barca. They're good, but I really didn't want to play a Madrid or Bayern again. Would say City have got a decent chance.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They're good, but I really didn't want to play a Madrid or Bayern again. Would say City have got a decent chance.
They're the only 3 teams we ever play in the Champions League so it was always going to be one of those 3. As for us having a decent chance, sure, if our squad was fit we'd have a chance. Currently we're without our best CB, our best midfielder has played 70 minutes of football in 2 months and our best fit striker is Juan Angel Pozo, so yeah.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Whites had a signing day today. My kid brother took my daughter, got each player's autograph and a few photos. One of the players trained for a few weeks with my brothers club about ten years ago and remembered him by name, asking how he was. It's these things I love about being lower league.