• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group B Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This game is really going to hurt WI's NRR. Although, I guess they and South Africa won't finish level on points, so it doesn't matter.

Also means India v Pakistan on Saturday is a dead rubber, if those games can be dead rubbers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Barring Ishant at the end this has been clinical from India. Should give this tournament a real shake. Definitely a chance.

Fuller Pilch

This game is really going to hurt WI's NRR. Although, I guess they and South Africa won't finish level on points, so it doesn't matter.

It will matter if the WI-SA game gets rained out - surely that will happen for at least one game during June in England

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Barring Ishant at the end this has been clinical from India. Should give this tournament a real shake. Definitely a chance.
I think the death bowling in general could be a real problem. Reckon it's a real tactic to essentially just play like England against India, conserve wickets and then hammer the pies at the end. Every other aspect of the side is looking good though

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think the death bowling in general could be a real problem. Reckon it's a real tactic to essentially just play like England against India, conserve wickets and then hammer the pies at the end. Every other aspect of the side is looking good though
That's actually quite a lucky thing for England if they are to play India. India seem to have the strongest batting line up, and in general bowl well at the start and through the middle. So they sort of lend themselves to go steady for the first 40 overs and pile on at the end. All the other sides either have a less robust batting line up or a higher potential to leak runs at the start or though the middle.

It's one of the reasons I don't get criticism of England's one day batting. The side with the strongest batting is the side that playing like England would probably work best against, and all the other "big hitting sides" seem less than convincing with the bat or have an overall poorish bowling attack.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm going to betray how little attention I've paid to cricket recently but when and why was Darren Sammy relieved of the West Indies captaincy?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm going to betray how little attention I've paid to cricket recently but when and why was Darren Sammy relieved of the West Indies captaincy?
- This tournament
- Only for ODIs; he's still Test and T20I captain
- Because his place in the ODI side wasn't guaranteed for every game

honestbharani

Really think Windies will lose nothing if they replaced Sarwan (in this form) with Sammy..

Gayle
Charles
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Dwayne Bravo (c)
Pollard
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy
Narine
Rampaul
Roach

Doesn't seem the worst side to me..

Daemon

Charles is amazing and defies all logic. Hope he doesn't ever get found out and goes on to become a successful limited overs batsmen.