• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

nzfan

Shaw being uncoordinated is your words, not mine. Some post in a thread where you seemed to compare him to Gill. It's ok if you don't recall it, it's the price one pays when producing BS at a frenetic pace.

For the rest of your post, yes Sehwag was unbelievable. No need to diminish him or Shaw with inane comparisons.
I won't remember every post I posted do I? You don't like it move on, simple as that. I do believe Gill looks more soothing to the eyes than Shaw. Besides, I don't want to write what you want mate. Get over it. I'd like to compare him to Sehwag, they both bat similar at the top of the inning.

On the same note I think I may have said Pant is uncoordinated. Shaw is all right.

Last edited:

Noumenon

I won't remember every post I posted do I? You don't like it move on, simple as that. I do believe Gill looks more soothing to the eyes than Shaw. Besides, I don't want to write what you want mate. Get over it. I'd like to compare him to Sehwag, they both bat similar at the top of the inning.
Triggered?

nzfan

Samson another very good player eh? Lovely shots all around the ground. Awesome player to watch.

nzfan

Couple more wickets, at least it looks not so depressing scorecard now 8-) Both half trackers and caught in the deep.

nzfan

Well India A got there with 20 overs to spare. I suppose that's trashing. Wonder why McConchie bowl today?

Kippax

Reason being there are more domestic teams in India as compared to NZ. Harder to get into NZ domestic sides in comparison to Indian ones?
Well Foxcroft and Ludick were young guys and didn't find it very hard.

In New Zealand, a Murdoch, Devcich or Flynn type could say to a nearly uncontracted or very cheaply contracted player like Finn Allen or Katene Clarke, "look, I'm a nearly middle-aged man making about 50k a year here, it's not like it's this special and glamorous life. Just don't make a big song and dance to your major association's coaches or CEO, or get really organised and send out some kind of self-promoting reel with all your best hits on it. That wouldn't be the humble Kiwi way. We'll let you know when it's your time to take on this mildly cool, but also sort of tiresome grind."

With Indian or Aussie kids, I think most would gladly sink their fangs into the weary Johnny Journeyman at any provincial A fixture possible, but Kiwi kids have proven they have a sort of sympathy for JJ, they take his word for it.

Flem274*

123/5
southee's got a great media career ahead of him. listened to his interview with kent johns (thoroughly clickbaity title it was, tim was chill as ever) and he easily dodged every question and put a positive spin on being dropped and nz getting smashed by aus in general. he hyped up the indian series a lot.

good on him. will probs get a media job after cricket if he wants.

nzfan

Well Foxcroft and Ludick were young guys and didn't find it very hard.

In New Zealand, a Murdoch, Devcich or Flynn type could say to a nearly uncontracted or very cheaply contracted player like Finn Allen or Katene Clarke, "look, I'm a nearly middle-aged man making about 50k a year here, it's not like it's this special and glamorous life. Just don't make a big song and dance to your major association's coaches or CEO, or get really organised and send out some kind of self-promoting reel with all your best hits on it. That wouldn't be the humble Kiwi way. We'll let you know when it's your time to take on this mildly cool, but also sort of tiresome grind."

With Indian or Aussie kids, I think most would gladly sink their fangs into the weary Johnny Journeyman at any provincial A fixture possible, but Kiwi kids have proven they have a sort of sympathy for JJ, they take his word for it.
I think we have a pathway which is good but since they abolished the A tourney that used to be held in Lincoln it's a bit all over the place. Now there is more reliance on the NZ 19s to provide players to provinces. The A tourney was excellent, there were domestic players from all provinces that were excess for the teams participating making the tourney a high standard one. Since then the bilateral between the provinces don't seem to have any sort of proper planning. Relying on club cricket for your next domestic player is not good enough considering the decks and the quality of cricket. Otago club cricket is the worst in the country. Auckland and Christchurch is of good quality but the rest of the country's club cricket is quite dire.

harsh.ag

Yeah, Bhuvi's out. Just had a surgery. Backup pacer will probably be one of Saini and Shardul, with Siraj an outside chance.

Daemon

Won't hurt India much I suppose. We have at least 4 class test bowlers available - Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi. And Saini might get a test cap sometime in 2020.
Disagree. Ishant’s super important because Nostrils can’t be relied on away from home. Losing any of Kohli, Pujara, Ishant, Bumrah or Shami is a big blow.

harsh.ag

Disagree. Ishant’s super important because Nostrils can’t be relied on away from home. Losing any of Kohli, Pujara, Ishant, Bumrah or Shami is a big blow.
Well, it is a new Umesh the last couple of years. Let's at least see him perform outside before relying on that phrasing.