• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Daemon

Well, it is a new Umesh the last couple of years. Let's at least see him perform outside before relying on that phrasing.
Exactly, he's somewhat of an unknown quantity. Lets wait and see before saying Ishant isn't that big of a loss because Umesh exists.

googlyeyes

Banned
Lol Ishant I'd say is about as important as Bumrah given his last few years in test cricket. Maybe even the most important given his experience and form atm.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bruce's dismissal was gross. It's the sort of thing that happens in the middle overs of fifty over cricket a bit, but still.

thierry henry

Probably old news but I legit haven't noticed - Neesh has a different action now?
His action changed quite significantly but that was a few years ago now.

He used to be notable for the sneaky pace he generated from an ambling run up and clunky looking action with no real leap at the crease.

Now he runs in a lot faster and has a leap, yet seems to have actually lost pace. I guess the pace used to come from that stiff, jerky gather he used to have.

kaetor

Ah this is down at Hagley oval. Might head down for a bit, literally just spent an hour out for a run at Hagley and didn't realise.

Neesham just got sconned by a spin bowler and is heading off

Kippax

Don't tell me there's been a resounding victory for Worker over Ravindra in the race towards those Ireland ODIs. Sad to see it man. That RR bowling could've been ideal in the West Indies and Bangladesh after that, but he was loose and adventurous this morning, didn't sell his wicket too dearly at all.

nzfan

Excellent come back by the lads, George Worker scoring a massive one. What do you guys make of him? He has 3 50s in 10 hits in ODI and 1 50 in 2 games in T20Is. That's not bad you would think. Why not Worker for Munro in the one day series?

Have to say Ravindra didn't help himself getting out for a loose shot today for a duck. A good score to back up his not so bad score in the previous game the selectors would have had him in the one day squad over the winter I feel.

kaetor

George Worker is someone who I feel would never set the world on fire, but is relatively reliable. I think we should continue with experimenting with Nicholls opening, and then if it fails give Worker a shot.

Daemon

Nice comeback this.

No Samson and Gill today, not sure where the latter's gone but Samson has joined the India squad.

nzfan

Cole McConchie going strength to strength with each inning. Another good all rounder throwing his name in the hat for future. His record will imrprove although doesn't look all that flash right now. Besides he's only 28.

I didn't realize Worker is only 30. I was thinking he was much older and ruled him out of the next one day world cup. Why can't he be the replacement for Munro in one day cricket? He's not that bad a player.

Daemon

Ah this is down at Hagley oval. Might head down for a bit, literally just spent an hour out for a run at Hagley and didn't realise.

Neesham just got sconned by a spin bowler and is heading off
Back out there now

This really isn't Siraj's format is it. Looks very mediocre.

nzfan

Don't tell me there's been a resounding victory for Worker over Ravindra in the race towards those Ireland ODIs. Sad to see it man. That RR bowling could've been ideal in the West Indies and Bangladesh after that, but he was loose and adventurous this morning, didn't sell his wicket too dearly at all.

Going a bit too hard at the ball rather than his usual self of banking on good timing. The super smash can do that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
DOn't know how I feel about Worker doing well tbh. I kind of like him but he strikes me as the classic too good for domestic, not good enough for internationals.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
DOn't know how I feel about Worker doing well tbh. I kind of like him but he strikes me as the classic too good for domestic, not good enough for internationals.
I've always found it interesting that a lot of players you'd put in that category do well in A-team cricket at home but struggle at it abroad. It might just be "humans notice patterns when they aren't there" or confirmation bias but it certainly seems that way to me.