• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Rebel Tour

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Some people - who will remain nameless - has been stealing the paper out of my diary because they can't get hold of Rizlas as easy as they would like. As such, I've got nothing to write on, and this is being scribbled on the toilet paper in the Bellerive Oval loos.

I feel that I cannot continue in this atmosphere any longer. Not only are we being subjected to more carcinogens than in a nightclub on the Randstad, but we are at the mercy of selection policies that have left me wishing that someone more reliable, like Tauqir Zia, was in charge.

When players have their selection guaranteed indefinitely, no matter how poorly they perform, and others are dropped after two games in spite of topping averages beforehand, the time has come to act.

After much soul-searching, and in collaboration with Andre Maddocks and Marc Robbins, we will be launching a rebel tour to South Africa - in association with Channel 9 - and those concerned will withdraw from the Australia tour party with immediate effect.

We are not the instigators of this course of action. Our hand has been forced, and I am sure all sides desire an amicable solution. The ball is in your court.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

*Neil Pickup
Andre
Marc71178
IamDavid
MasterBlaster
Rik
+PY
Don Ricardo
Langeveldt
Kimbo
Gibbsnsmith
Bugssy
Blewy
KRKode

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
* raises glass to the revolution *

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the CWXI
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the CWXI
But when you talk about Lord's Power Trip
Don't you know you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright

You say you got a real rebel tour
Well you know
We'd all love to see them win
You ask me for a contribution
Well you know
We're doing the best for good
But when you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is Lord you have to go
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright

You say you'll change the constitution
Well you know
We all want to boot Lord Out
You tell me it's the institution
Well you know
You better free kick his ass
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Lord
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright

Langeveldt

Soutie
INAUGURAL OPPOSITION

Well, Like it or not, the rebels have arrived in South Africa, and their first match will be a four day warmup against the traditional opponents, the Nicky Oppenheimer XI in the diamond capital of the world at Kimberley. The unofficial wheels are in motion :D

NICKY OPPENHEIMER XI

1. Adam BACHER
2. Hashim AMLA
3. Jean-Paul DUMINY
4. Darryl CULLINAN
5. Martin VAN JAARSVELD
6. Peter STRYDOM
7. Lance KLUSENER
8. Albie MORKEL
9. Thami TSOLEKILE
10.Charl LANGEVELDT
11.Allan DONALD

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Press Release..

If thats how it is..i see that there only one solution from causing a division, instead of having a division in something that has been going on for atleast 2 years and its been all fun since then the result would be.

1) The australian tour continue and im stepping out of the cwxi team for 1 season because of team player conflicts..which is fine because until now it was running well enough, but its too much.

2) All members of cwxi , cw a and cw b can vote for a board member to represent the players for a 1 season term ( minimum according to their performance ) and 2 season term ( if they do well ) the voted members cant be the current captain or vice captain. And there will be democratic elections continued
The role in the board will give the member full power to turn decisions made by the 2 other members, meaning the decision has to be agreed by all 3 members for whatever needs to be take place.

3) Please find a peaceful solution as everything is going good , otherwise the conflict players can choose to sit down and the thing just to carry on normally. I personally havent made any solo decisions on the board, to make it clear, all decisions have been made together. And since the simmer of a tour is the chief decision maker ie coach for the tour , the things the coach / board member brings up about the tour is discussed.

Neil, Andre and marc, im here on msn to discuss about this or another solution i might have in mind to be fair and good.

Thanks a lot and hope everything goes back to norm.

bugssy

i would be happy to help out , anyone anytime, viva tour or cw sides................

iamdavid

Ahem

Id like to announce Im reconsidering my decision to tour with the rebels :D

Due to the fact I havent made an international appearance yet (I think) & I fear it may count against me at the selection table in future.

I shall make a final announcement on my decision on Saturday night AUS time.

At this stage could still go either way :D :cool2:

PY

I'm also reconsidering my decision to tour with the Rebels as the Ginger Whinger has been made 'el capitano' :P.

I am shocked and appalled at this decision. I also note with interest, there's 8 CW XI players in this squad....says something doesn't it. :saint:

Come on Rebels....:D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Breaking news

At a press conference in Kimberley, Langeveldt stated..

"Ive enjoyed my time with the CWXI, however I feel my services will be more valued with the rebels, than with the CW B team. The pay cheque is quite fat too.. Ive got nothing more to say on the matter..."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
I'm also reconsidering my decision to tour with the Rebels as the Ginger Whinger has been made 'el capitano' :P.

I am shocked and appalled at this decision. I also note with interest, there's 8 CW XI players in this squad....says something doesn't it. :saint:

Come on Rebels....:D
Well you have Andre to blame for that one!

Langeveldt

Soutie
*Inaugural Squad Selected*

The Nicky Oppenheimer game will be a live simulation game.. Simmed by Langeveldt at Midnight GMT on Wednesday night..

Its going to be an historic and emotional night lads, be there for the baggy oranges debut...

Both squads have been named..

CW XI - As of NO.XI match (14.1.03)

1. Kim
2. PY (wk)
3. Blewy
4. Buggsy
5. GibbsnSmith
6. Marc
7. Andre
8. Sangrah
9. Langeveldt
10.David
11.Neil Pickup (capt)

Rik, Don Ricardo and Krkode get a guarenteed spot in the second warmup.. Against Gauteng or Easterns

Nicky OPPENHEIMER XI

1. Adam BACHER
2. Hashim AMLA
3. Jean-Paul DUMINY
4. Darryl CULLINAN
5. Martin VAN JAARSVELD
6. Peter STRYDOM
7. Thami TSOLEKILE
8. Lance KLUSENER
9. Albie MORKEL
10.Charl LANGEVELDT
11.Allan DONALD

Let the games begin!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Re: Re: *Inaugural Squad Selected*

Langeveldt said:
Weve found a sponser? From Down under??
It's another subtle reference to the rebellion of Kerry Packer... Kerry Packer being in charge of Channel 9...

No decision has been made on vice-captaincy

Blewy

Very eager to carry my OD form over to the longer version of the game, and very keen to be in the 1st ever "Baggy Orange" side...

It will be an emotional day...

masterblaster

Well they should in my opinion!!!

If not, they should be given official FC status, and our performances should affect our Test, if not our FC records.