• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Rebel Tour

bugssy

i have put some money aside so when this tour is over i will also book my own ticket to go to n/z with the cwx1 which i would like to make myself available for at the end of the rebel tour, if they have me back.

gibbsnsmith

Id rather this matter be resolved quietly, this tour was to me, a signal of our feelings and threoughout the tour, there must be discussions to stop more division amongst ourselves.

Oh, and on another note- im pleased with my half ton in the first innings but once again, got caught plumb :(

Blewy

This is a bloody outrage, All you people made the decision to come on the Rebel Tour, is it because you all felt insecure in your positions in the CW XI and now a few of the regulars have give up their spots in support of you, you decide you want to stab us in the back and go and take our spots... You all should be ashamed of yourselves.....
:!( :!( :!(

Mr Mxyzptlk

I agree with Blewy's sentiments. If you guys are going to rebel then do it properly. :P

EDIT: Big typo...

Last edited:

PY

I was going to say, all these people saying that they are going back should hang their heads in shame. I would like to think I was no. 1 'keeper in CW XI after the master, Andre decided to change his attention to bowling. But I couldn't stand by and watch my fellow players being mis-treated.

I would love my place back in the CW XI if I merited it but it would be a severe misconduct on my part as it was a group decision. I couldn't live with myself if I went back before it was resolved.

However, big steps are being made in the right direction and I hope it will be resolved and we may all be united under one board on control. Then, and only then, would it be right to ask permission to return to the fold.

gibbsnsmith

Im in complete agreement with Blewy and PY, here, its only a simulation league fpor crying out loud, but lets still go through with the tour for the reason, we went with it, in the first place, eh?

Blewy

The thing that gets me is if they didn't want to rebel then why did they?? On top of this what has changed since they did rebel??

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The thing that gets me is if they didn't want to rebel then why did they?? On top of this what has changed since they did rebel??

No doubt..it starts of the same CWXI did .. and they think their vision is far better than ours .. but nothing stays real good for a long time.. everybody knows that

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
BOARDROOM BATTLES OVERSHADOW GAUTENG DRAW

The fringe players were given a game against Gauteng but the top order collapse in the second innings led to a fine rearguard action by Rik and Sangrah to save the game.

Scorecard

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You used to be able to bat too. ;)
I used to go in at 3 or 4 though, batting at 7 is out of position, so I reserve the right to discount these from my average a la MRR.

masterblaster

Not a bad performance, was outclassed with the ball though.

Sangrah's Rebel Tour Stats:

Batting: 7, 62, 45, 37*
Batting Average: 50.33

Bowling: 2/29, 0/16, 1/83, 0/4
Bowling Average: 44.00

Didn't have a bad game with the bat in retrospect. With the ball, I feel I just had one bad game really.

bugssy

Blewy said:
This is a bloody outrage, All you people made the decision to come on the Rebel Tour, is it because you all felt insecure in your positions in the CW XI and now a few of the regulars have give up their spots in support of you, you decide you want to stab us in the back and go and take our spots... You all should be ashamed of yourselves.....
:!( :!( :!(

i went on tour to play cricket, lord has done nothing wrong by me, and got to cwx1 through the grades through the a side and then deserving my spot i went through to x1, i just want to represent my team in anyway possible

sorry if i have an opinion

Rik

marc71178 said:
I used to go in at 3 or 4 though, batting at 7 is out of position, so I reserve the right to discount these from my average a la MRR.
Big difference between being asked to open and batting at 7 don't you think? :P

Fresh bowlers, new ball mean anything to you? ;)

Rik

marc71178 said:
48 overs?!

I used to be a part-timer!
Errrm, why were only 5 bowlers used in a 191.1 over innings? Also have you lot forgotten I bowl as well??? ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Errrm, why were only 5 bowlers used in a 191.1 over innings? Also have you lot forgotten I bowl as well??? ;)
A very valid point, I certainly wouldn't have bowled myself ahead of Rik, let alone that many overs without giving him any!!!