• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Rebel Tour

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Just to clarify that Master Blaster's selection was always based on merit and nothing else.
Are you Alastair Campbell in disguise?

Mopre spin here than Lord ever managed in the team!

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Are you Alastair Campbell in disguise?

The controversial issue there as far as I'm concerned is that MB was picked and then dropped, but that he was picked ahead of Mr. Pickup. Master Blaster was smashed around the park by the Aussies on debut.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Historic match

Speculation over, this is the real deal.. The knives have been drawn, column inches filled, and this seemed to affect the rebel XI during periods of their inaugural match against a Strong Nicky Oppenheimer XI in Kimberley..

Scorecard Linked... Comments coming from captains soon

Nicky Oppenheimer - Inaugural Game

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup -

"The strydom/klusener stand knocked the stuffing out of us,but we fought back very well and showed a lot of fight in running it close"

"The next game v Gauteng at the Wanderers should let us have a look at the other guys and I remain confident of putting up a fight in the tests"

"Let's face it, they had one good period and we were on top for the rest of the game"

"Can someone translate to me what that guy is saying?"

Darryl Cullinan -

"Einaa, dankie boet but they Neil guy couldnt drive e Bekkie, eeven if hiz loif depinded on it.. let alone eh cricket ball.. En es for me, it was all lekker jol until they bought the leggie on, i mean what kind of crickit is that?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Blewy

Top effort guys, we have had a hectic schedule in the past week and to come that close to beating this team was a good effort...

A change of match type also seemed to go against us, as most have been in the OD format of the game...

Andre

On a personal note, it was a shocking display.

Watch this space should I not perform in the next tour match.

masterblaster

On a personal note, Im very happy with my performance!

Bowling:

1st Innings: 14.4 overs, 4 Maidens, 2/29
2nd Innings: 8 Overs, 5 Maidens, 0/16

Batting:

1st Innings: 7 off 16 balls
2nd Innings: 62 off 132 balls

Batting Average: 34.5
Bowling Average: 22.5

I wonder why im always sitting on the sidelines......

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
You mean like Lord then?

He still gets caps?
if you ever took a moment to think properly you would realize with a reason ..

and yet you realize when you start making anti comments at people why everything ends in a chaos and that you should not be totally blamed for it ... :lol:

I bet you arent even a true cricket player, if you see how hard i worked in real matches and how i bowl and play, your comments would make the dumbest guy seem intelligent..

Take a break and sort yourself out.. or come on messenger and we can take it out personally..

masterblaster

Take it easy Reuben mate, nobody's doubting your quality.

Its just a 'virtual' league mate, it aint even real!

Im sure you'd be an asset for any team.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
no worries thanks MB..

and you are welcome back to the CWXI any time with open arms and no doubt if you come in the time you would easily make the 15 CWXI squad to nz and surely the worldcup

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
you would easily make the 15 CWXI squad to nz and surely the worldcup
I wouldn't go off making promises yet... There is only a handful of players who will surely make the WC squad and that's on merit. Most of the players have not or still are proving themselves.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't think your captain will consent. Thus you would have rebel from the rebel tour.
"Bugs v Bangladesh" coming soon on Channel 10...

You're staying put!

And so's David!

masterblaster

Yeah thanks Reuben,

As soon as this tour is finished, and I have gained more valuable experience, im grabbing my passport and heading straight to New Zealand. Even if I have to buy my own plane ticket!!

;) ;)

Thanks,

MB

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
if you ever took a moment to think properly you would realize with a reason ..
Well the reason is nothing to do with performances, so do enlighten us...

lord_of_darkness said:
I bet you arent even a true cricket player, if you see how hard i worked in real matches and how i bowl and play, your comments would make the dumbest guy seem intelligent..
Who said anything about real cricket? Not me!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
no worries thanks MB..

and you are welcome back to the CWXI any time with open arms and no doubt if you come in the time you would easily make the 15 CWXI squad to nz and surely the worldcup
Hmm, that looks to me like rewarding someone for supporting you.

A great way to base selections on that.

PY

As a senior player in the squad (20+ Test matches), I feel it is a positive start to what I feel will be a fantastic rebel tour.

Some players like Masterblaster showed their true potential and some (ie me) showed no potential. Oh well, I blame on the jetlag and free booze they were handing out when we arrived. :(

My reasons for joining the Rebel Tour were completely personal, they involved three things......blonde, fun-loving and cheap, ;). The reasons also happen to live in Jo'Burg which meant I could spend more time (and money) with them. :D

We'll bounce back next game and then the world is our tasty oyster :baddevil: