• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Rebel Tour

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
A very valid point, I certainly wouldn't have bowled myself ahead of Rik, let alone that many overs without giving him any!!!
Because we don't trust Player-v-Computer on ITC. Will try and tweak the settings a bit.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FIRST TEST at Durban

+Young
Fraser
Goff
Malone
Josy
Maddocks
Hingston
Bhatia
Heath
Hoitink
*Pickup

Heath comes in for Robbins, who has only scored 39 in four innings on tour so far.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
South Africa XI

*GC Smith
HH Gibbs
JA Rudolph
JH Kallis
G Kirsten
MJ van Jaarsveld
MV Boucher
SM Pollock
AJ Hall
M Ntini
A Nel

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
With the recriminations seemingly over, thoughts turn to cricket... and how..

With the luck of the weather - SA batting in the clouds (they won the toss!), being shred by Bugs' gentle swing bowling - before the same player hit 121 as the Rebels posted a huge total.

PY then made some contributions, taking three catches off Hoitink, who unravelled the South African second innings with able support from Bhatia.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/sa_reb_t1.html

PY

Shocking performance by me but excellent from the team.

A pure calamity decision from Smith which left the game in our hands and did the business.

Even though I did crap, I would like to buy everyone a drink at the after-match buffet. :)

masterblaster

Another pretty good game for me!

Sangrah's Rebel Tour So Far:

Batting: 7, 62, 45, 37*, 33
Batting Average: 46.00

Bowling: 2/29, 0/16, 1/83, 0/4, 0/16, 3/27
Bowling Average: 29.17

Pretty handy stats with bat and ball I would say!
Been great so far

Lets keep it up!

bugssy

very happy with my 121 and 5 - 26

and what a solid start to the series, well done guys and lets keep it up hey

Blewy

seems as though all the troubles are sorted, so does this mean we are going to tour NZ(If selected)????

Is the Rebel tour over???

Langeveldt

Soutie
I guess we will stay out in SA?

Seeing as we are not under contract, we are not obliged to go back to the CWXI, but Im sure Reuben and Liam wont turn people away...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
REBELS MARCH ON

An unassailable 2-0 series lead was set up as the Rebels saw off South Africa at the Wanderers stadium.

David Hoitink picked up nine wickets, despite Pete Young - relegated to number 6 - grassing FIVE catches during the match. However, Mark Boucher was determined to return Pete's favours, and at 71-4 chasing 252, dropped Malone and Young several times as the two added 171* for the fifth wicket, Malone making centuries in consecutive tests and Young undefeated fifties in both innings.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/sa_reb_t2.html

bugssy

another solid win but looked a little shakey to start of with

not happy with my no wickets column but happy with another 100 , consecutive tonnes on tour...wooohoooo

PY

Re: REBELS MARCH ON

Neil Pickup said:
An unassailable 2-0 series lead was set up as the Rebels saw off South Africa at the Wanderers stadium.

David Hoitink picked up nine wickets, despite Pete Young - relegated to number 6 - grassing FIVE catches during the match. However, Mark Boucher was determined to return Pete's favours, and at 71-4 chasing 252, dropped Malone and Young several times as the two added 171* for the fifth wicket, Malone making centuries in consecutive tests and Young undefeated fifties in both innings.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/sa_reb_t2.html
:lol: That's about 12 catches I've dropped on this tour. Must be something in the water. :P

Very happy with those two innings but need to practice keeping a lot in the nets.

Average of 114 should keep me in the team though......phew.:(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FOURTH TEST: Plague of Bugs

On arriving at SuperSport Park, we found it had been randomly ploughed.

As such, we had to play on the artificial pitch of the exceptionally small nursery ground, with suitably comic results...

Double centuries from Bugs and Blewy and seven wickets from me set up the victory. Nel to Goff... 4 4 4 4 6 0 ... quite an over. Blewy then got excited and was bowled by Ntini.

Andre's farewell didn't go to plan and was caught slogging for 38, as well as dropping a few catches, whilst PY finally caught some.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/sa_reb_t4.html

bugssy

very happy with my double tonne and 71* not out

a great win by the boys, but my bowling has alot to be desired

good partnership blewy :P

hey can we see averages for this tour so far pls.......