• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Teeth Brushing Thread****

Burner

I brush first thing in the morning and has never had the problem of my breakfast feeling like toothpaste. I only use a little bit of paste, though. About 1/4 of the amount of paste you see is on the brush in ads and containers. Also rinse a thousand times.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Having done a quick calculation, I would estimate I have brushed my teeth approx 20,000 times.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I brush first thing in the morning and has never had the problem of my breakfast feeling like toothpaste. I only use a little bit of paste, though. About 1/4 of the amount of paste you see is on the brush in ads and containers. Also rinse a thousand times.
If what you're eating ever felt like toothpaste that would be gravely concerning.

Last edited:

duffer

What type of bristles do we all use here? I used to use medium until I went to buy a new brush and there were only soft bristles in the store. To this day I can only use soft bristles.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What type of bristles do we all use here? I used to use medium until I went to buy a new brush and there were only soft bristles in the store. To this day I can only use soft bristles.
I just use whatever brush the wife buys me

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hard bristles used to be my fave, but they started to make my gums bleed so had to downgrade.

AndyZaltzHair

With regards to brushing before breakfast. I agree on the taste factor however I am advised by a few relatives in the dental profession that brushing after meals is not recommended as you are brushing the food into your teeth.

Also I'm similarly told that if you have an electric toothbrush it's still worth keeping a manual to use from time for time.

Good thread.
*Official Show Your Teeth Thread* would have been better though

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Working from home today so decided to do a bonus teeth brushing earlier in honour of this thread.

ripper868

Like Sledger I am yet to require fillings and have recently made the switch to the electric toothbrush on advice of a dental hygienist. Turns out in using a manual toothbrush I was applying excess pressure to my gumline resulting in a 'brushing away of the gumline' - I'm sure you'll agree not something one would wish to continue.

To the matter at hand, I brush post-breakfast and just before bed. Like good Sledger I find the taste of anything, in particular milk and orange juice, extremely unpleasant in the period immediately after brushing Juan's teeth. My brush exploits last approximately 3 minutes each, aided by the pulsing of my electric brush informing me of this time of optimal brushing being achieved. To aid in the non-brushing away of my gumline, the brush has a red light that flashes when I apply too much pressure, a feature I have found most useful. A quick rinse of the mouth and thorough clean of the brush with water is mandatory after each event.

Below I have included an indicative image of my electronic tooth brush device, which is identical in color to what myself and mrs ripper use.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-24-at-11.48.43-PM-196x300.png

Daemon

This is an excellent thread. I brush, use mouthwash and clean my tongue with the tongue cleaner on the back of the brush every night before I sleep. In the morning I just brush as soon as I wake up. A bit of gargling gets rid of the taste that would otherwise ruin breakfast.

Spark

Global Moderator
A thread in which to discuss all of the important issues related to brushing one's teeth (of which there are many).

Have recently made the upgrade from a standard brush to an electric one, seems to be doing the job so far. Hopefully will keep my record of never having any fillings intact for a while longer.

Anyway, on to more pressing business. Is it just me, or is it really odd when people brush their teeth before breakfast, and then go and eat straight after? From what I can see this is nonsense on at least two levels. Firstly, there is no point cleaning your teeth just to get them covered in food again a moment or two later. Surely it would be more sensible to just brush them afterwards. Secondly, if you wake up and brush your teeth before breakfast, your breakfast will just taste like toothpaste/taste generally dire. Why would you do this?
I used to think this too but apparently it's actually a really, really bad idea unless you wait a while afterwards before brushing. All you're doing is brushing away the enamel from your own teeth.

Rinsing out your mouth after brushing is also apparently a bad idea too