• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Adders

Under the Southern Cross I Stand
A sprig of wattle in my hand,
A native of my native land,
Australia you ****** beauty.

Under the Southern Cross I Stand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well **** me backwards.

Seriously, of course I've heard of the "Under the Southern Cross" song and how you have a player appointed to lead it, but I never knew of the words. I dunno, just thought it might be something.........different. Not at all what I'd imagined. Pisser.

SpofforthLohman

The best code on the planet, just not the most famous but compared to union and soccer it is much better to watch, you actually get some scoring too, unlike tryless rugby union and goalless soccer. When was the last rugby league world cup final that had no tries scored ???, answer, never been one. Brazil vs Italy final and South Africa v NZ come immediately to mind. It's more quality than quantity you might say. Bet you secretly love it too :)
Football code I mean, its equal to cricket in importance to me.

91Jmay

Well **** me backwards.

Seriously, of course I've heard of the "Under the Southern Cross" song and how you have a player appointed to lead it, but I never knew of the words. I dunno, just thought it might be something.........different. Not at all what I'd imagined. Pisser.
Yeah I can't believe thats the song. I thought it would be longer and, well a bit more of a song.

Son Of Coco

There are reports England completely trashed the dressing room after the loss in Perth today. Apparently there was quinoa, breaded tofu, and goji berries strewn all over the place.

Adders

Yeah I can't believe thats the song. I thought it would be longer and, well a bit more of a song.
LOL, we've got Jerusalem and they've got.........that.

Typical Aussies LOL. Been pretty handy at the cricket over the years but just can't sing for ****.

Edit:

**** you Burgey.......stole my thunder with the Jerusalem plug!!

Last edited:

wiff

It's because you're not understanding the poetry.

Under the Southern Cross I Stand
A sprig of wattle in my hand,
A native of my native land,
Australia you f****** beauty.

Translated:

In the dark I stand
With tool in my hand.
Criminals we all are
Is that your car?

Last edited:

MW1304

This has been more painful to follow/watch than anything I've ever seen. The Stokes hundred has been almost the only remote sniff of a saving grace for a whole 3 Test matches, and even that felt a bit sour because I bagged his selection. I'm still not entirely sure he'll make a Test number 6 but fair play, that was a marvellous innings.

Worst part is this can still get worse, which actually doesn't make sense now I think about it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, probably best if posts like those were left well alone, everyone. Also, Adders, you gotta stop taking everything so personally, man.

---

Q: Who is this and what the hell are they doing.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I did think it was Rogers but then thought "nah, his head is all out of proportion for a grown man"