• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Training Camp

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just wondering if the lack of a squad / more warm-ups was due to the "Richie Edwards" of the "coach".

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bah, slight pity bout the practice matches, but we cant control the rain! :)

good luck to whoever (in the blues :p ) is picked :D

thewizard1o1

While it was a shame not to get a game during the training camp, the time spent training and talking to the more experianced members of the squad was invaluable. Hopefully i will be able to take back all i have learned (Cheese and Bacon pies are by far the best!) and share with with my CW Green teammates.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Amazingly enough, the rain has subsided and our world class ground staff has gotten the ground to playable condition. As such, a last minute practice match has been organized with the following lineups:

This team:

CW Walsh
I Markus
AP Cloete
C Buts
MJ Robbins
D Jellett +
LA Camps
S Bhatia
DJ Watt
NL Patrick
NS Pickup

That team:

DP Towns
AP Chaulk
Z Ghansar
RG Verghese
BJ Goff
RJ Malone
NS Hoy
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KS Wright
CI Law

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

2nd Practice Match

Some key things came out in this game. There was determined batting as both teams recovered from difficult situations, but the bowlers also showed great heart. They were accurate and abstained largely from noballs. That Team did struggle with wides though, having problems with the wet ball.

Good game overall with lots of twists and turns and one brilliant innings.

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's good to regain a semblance of bowling form, wickets off half-trackers still count...

Great innings from Ashley, too.

Loony BoB

Damn you, Patrick!

Big applause to Chaulk, making a fine unbeaten century. Good to see a couple of Greens doing well with the bat and ball, too. A true shame not to be able to once again see the wonder that is Neil's batting, though. Maybe next time. :D

That Team kicks **** once again. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Remember, tho, Loony, "That team" is just an aegis - I really want to avoid any "This team wants to level the score" or "let's keep That team's streak going!" - if at all possible I'm going to make sure no-one plays for the same named team twice in a row in future camps.
Well played, Ash - that's the main thing. Great nick going into the warm-ups - exactly what we need.

bugssy

happy with my 47 in nearly as many balls, getting a little frustrated with my starts so far this season, i am getting starts but have really only gone on with it once....something to practise on, i do the hard yards then get out......well done to chaulk good knock mate

cbuts

happy with my 50, it was nice to get some quality time in the middle. well done ash, and to most of the other batsmen who all got starts

masterblaster

Okay, Back from India and active once more in the CW XI System.

Just checked out the VB Series Squad, well done to those who made it. I'll just have to keep on trying.

All the best to everyone.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
whoo hoo, awesome to get a game with such quality around! unfortunate that the team lost, but i guess thats not the main point :)

well bowled Neil, well batted Ash!!