• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Training Camp

Mister Wright

Richard said:
Above all - don't take it too seriously - this is a practice match, and though I want you to play like you mean it, there are far more significant games ahead and we've got to keep as much in the tank as poss.
Other than that - good luck to all of you, and I hope you all have a good game. (But if you don't, remember - it's not the end of The World! It's just one practice game.)
So this game isn't going to be give official ODI status then? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just a small point, but at least 2 of those players are no longer playing Dev Cricket owing to inactivity...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Warmup Game #1

A solid start for 'This Team' after they won the toss and batted first. However, the spin of Verghese then came into play and the middle order crumbled. Concerted efforts by Robbins and Jellett followed on from Markus' lovely innings at the top and the eventual score was 211.

Note: Neil Pickup smashed Wright for a six first ball.

In the chase, 'That Team' met some disciplined seam bowling from Watt early on, but cashed in on Broadbent at the other end. The openers added 75, but the score later fell to 118/3. Failing to grab their opportunity, This Team was met with the resolve of Malone and Goff, who achieved victory with an unbroken stand of 96.

Attachments

Loony BoB

Now that's what I call a low-boundary game, or at the very least innings by our team... especially with Blewy in the mix, too! Too used to seeing him hit sixes all over.

Happy to help the team make a good start, and extremely happy to get some gametime ahead of the up'n'coming season. :) Also good to get a partnership going with Mr. Malone, something that I'll be sure to do a lot more over the coming months!

Slats4ever

Nice try This team we did our best. Happy with the 49 shame I couldn't get my 50 and it was good to bowl some misely overs at the end of their innings to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
I'm left out.Ok.Starting off on the wrong foot already.
Please don't get that idea, you'll be given a game as soon as practiceable. I've made every effort to show that none of these selections bear any meaning of my thoughts for more important games - I'm simply trying to get everyone in nick and confidence, while giving everyone their best chance.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As stated before, he was only informed after the team was inked. From now on, neither Eclipse Moon nor Craig Walsh will be available for selection in the camp. Both have been sent home due to their lack of a Season 8 contract.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As stated before, he was only informed after the team was inked. From now on, neither Eclipse Moon nor Craig Walsh will be available for selection in the camp. Both have been sent home due to their lack of a Season 8 contract.
Not surprising since I was poor in Season 7.

So where now for me?

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
well u havent been active in the dev league, so it looks like ur gone...
What ever Liam says is fine by me.

Just haven't had lots of time to check through every single thread.

Last edited: