• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

minamino

Banned
Yep Portuguese, his Mum is from Canada I believe. He is a very impressive young man, he does coaching clinics via his YouTube channel.

What I like most is his demeanor at the crease. He is Shiv like calm and unflustered. Not like most of our top order who look visibly unsettled by good bowling (see Bumrah spells last year).
His accent is very Caribbean though. I think he can't be worse than what WI have right now so I can see him getting a gig in the future.

theegyptian

A big sigh of relief from everyone at the ecb as Curran tests negative for covid. Looks like we'll get some kind of runchase this afternoon in this England game.

honestbharani

He is an interesting batsman in that if he does have a bit of luck he will take the game away in no time but having that luck is such a big if.

theegyptian

Buttler seems to be timewasting in a practice match. lol

4 or 5 times in the last 2 or 3 overs he's walked down to talk to the bowler holding the game up. Even had an instance where Parkinson got hit for 6, it took maybe 90 seconds to retrieve the ball then when Parkinson was ready go again, Buttler decided to walk down to talk to him for another 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Beamer

We're generally quite good at playing off spin nowadays tbh, especially our right handers (we only have Campbell as a leftie and he will be out way before the spinner comes on). We are however, awful against slow left armers. Whilst Bess looks decent and no doubt could take wickets, I would certainly put money on Leach causing us more problems. Depends if you're building for the future or trying to win the test series I guess.

Gremlin

Moeen had a pretty bad game, bat and ball. Probably Bess to play the first test.
Looks very like it. Interesting selection ahead for the three quicks, don't think anyone really stood out or failed. As for the batting slots... who knows!

Think they'll go with something like Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Lawrence, Pope, Stokes, Buttler, Bess and 3 quicks.

I think Denley and Bairstow are down the pegging order now. But I've been wrong plenty of times before!! :laugh:

theegyptian

My hot tip is that Broad doesn't play the first test. They will go Anderson, Woakes, Archer/Wood, Leach, Stokes.