• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Dravid said:
Good batting Towns, poor performance by Zimbabwe, as always.
They scored 228 runs against the second best ODI team in the world and then tied us down for the best part of 20 overs. Hardly a poor performance, given the quality of the Zimbabwean side.

Tom Halsey

Again, team played well but not spectacularly, I played ok but not spectacularly, and Towns played a quality innings. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Very professional knocks from Towns and Butler to see us home. Can't complain about a 3-0 series lead, even if they havne't been thrashings.

Obviously it's a huge honour to captain the side, especially so early in my career. Never imagined I was third in line (so to speak) before this tournament.

Really disappointed with my personal form though. Been going okay in the one dayers in the Dev League, but can't seem to make the step up here. Back to the nets I guess.

kears_falcon_9

9* I'll take that, first ODI game for quite some time, happy to see the team win hopefully in the next couple matches we can smash them and get a whitewash of the series.

Well batted Buts and Towns. Kyle and Rose bowled well, Fuller struggling :D (jokes)

Perm

Just an average performance but some good batting from Towns and Butler, Towns has to be Man of the Series.

Loony BoB

Another win, again not as convincing as I'd like but at the same time, as someone has said, winning is winning.

Very happy with my batting this series. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
kears_falcon_9 said:
9* I'll take that, first ODI game for quite some time, happy to see the team win hopefully in the next couple matches we can smash them and get a whitewash of the series.

Well batted Buts and Towns. Kyle and Rose bowled well, Fuller struggling :D (jokes)
Wonder if you'll get that ODI average up above mine any time soon?

FaaipDeOiad

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Final 2 ODIs postponed to Friday and Saturday.
Does that mean the players involved will one or both of the dev league finals? Or will they be scheduled for after the final match?

Mr Mxyzptlk

FaaipDeOiad said:
Does that mean the players involved will one or both of the dev league finals? Or will they be scheduled for after the final match?
The finals haven't been scheduled yet, AFAIK. So those will be scheduled for after the Zimbabwe series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI 4th ODI XII

Dave Watt returns to the team, as Kyle Wright is rotated out. The opening combination of Daniel Towns and Arunava Das gets another opportunity to impress, whilst the batting lineup is shuffled to give more exposure to David Kearsley and Alex Crampton.

DP Towns
AS Das
SE Fuller (c)
DA Kearsley
A Crampton (wk)
MW DeSilva
CR Butler
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
DM Kennett
DJ Watt

12th Man: KS Wright

Mr Mxyzptlk

Zimbabwe 3rd ODI XII

TV Mufambisi
V Sibanda
CJ Chibhabha
GM Strydom
BRM Taylor (wk)
HP Rinke
S Matsikenyeri
GB Brent
P Utseya
EC Rainsford
A Ireland

12th Man: E Chigumbura

Loony BoB

Eager to make some more runs... would be nice to have one of myself or Dasa (or both!) going on to make an unbeaten ton, hopefully this game will have that.