• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Prof'Mackem

I like the squad. Obviously it was never going to please everyone. Can't wait to see them.

I am also disappointed that the ECB are using Pakistan as just a warm up to India and not a full fledged tour.

Borges

Only two tests against England is pretty dire, especially considering they had 4 the last time round.
England have this absurd formula of exactly seven home tests in an year. I think their broadcasting deal specifies that; but they ought to realise that broadcaster isn't going to cry if they played eight instead of seven.

They should be like India: thirteen home tests in one season and 1.37 home tests in the next.

Xuhaib

Feel for Fawad but to be fair he has been on a decline even in domestic cricket for past couple of seasons possibly it could be due to being disheartened but the way he bats I think it could be a early terminal decline something we can’t rule out with Steve Smith as well.I think the best time for Fawad to get in the side was 2010-2015 Pakistan missed a trick by not moving Azhar up the order and fitting Fadi in the formidable middle order would have also reduced the impact that is being faced right now withMis-You departure.

Xuhaib

Pakistan squad for the Test tour of Ireland and England:

Sarfraz Ahmed (C)
Asad Shafiq
Azhar Ali
Haris Sohail
Mohammad Amir
Hasan Ali
Fakhar Zaman
Sami Aslam
Imam-ul-Haq
Babar Azam
Usman Sallahuddin
Shadab Khan
Mohammad Abbas
Rahat Ali
Saad Ali
Faheem Ashraf

Fawad Alam overlooked yet again.

Hussain Talat and Imam-ul-Haq (Inzi's nephew) make the cut despite the former having never scored an FC hundred and the latter averaging 27 in the current season. But they're only 22 so they must be the next big thing ofc. Nevermind that Misbah made a comeback at 33, that was probably just an aberration.
Talat is not in the squad rightfully so as a test squad should not be based on PSL output .Faheem Ashraf is the only all rounder selected though I like Talat,in the long run him and Shadab at 6 & 8 can give a balance that the test side so desperately needs but first he needs to prove it in the shorter formats.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
England have this absurd formula of exactly seven home tests in an year. I think their broadcasting deal specifies that; but they ought to realise that broadcaster isn't going to cry if they played eight instead of seven.

They should be like India: thirteen home tests in one season and 1.37 home tests in the next.
Not sure why 7 is absurd? I'd also love to know yo you think they could fit any more International cricket into the summer.

S.Kennedy

Not sure why 7 is absurd? I'd also love to know yo you think they could fit any more International cricket into the summer.
That would be easy. Ditch most of the pointless bilateral one-dayers such as the Aussie ones this year.

Last edited:

trundler

Another big innings from Umar Akmal.

Looks like he's in red hot form BUT the problem is that he has **** for brains. Has gotten most of his runs with slogs on the on side. The bowling hasn't been poor quality at all but his weaknesses will obviously be better exploited by international bowlers. Gets blocked up when the ball pitches on a good length outside off. He tries to hoick it over mid wicket, plays across and gets out. This is a fundamental weakness in his game which he needs to overcome. Would still continue to be a misunderstood young man.

trundler

Wasn't that great in tests past ban although he was certainly unlucky with the dropped catches. Still pretty depressing news. Asif was such a skillful bowler. Shame.

Don't know who replaces him. Don't have faith in Hassan Ali. Pakistan's domestic circuit is so hard to follow.

Ulzan69

Banned
Pakistan pre pare for
ACC youth Asia cup in Sri Lanka
I can only see indian team but other team not yet announce
Ijaz Ahmed will be Coach for under 19 asia youth cup

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sri Lanka tour might not happen with so many veterans pulling out. Honestly, hard to say I can blame them. Did SLC not even consult the players before committing to it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sri Lanka tour might not happen with so many veterans pulling out. Honestly, hard to say I can blame them. Did SLC not even consult the players before committing to it?
Yeah, they didn't. That became extremely obvious a day or two after the original announcement.