• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Public or Private School?

Dan

Global Moderator
Truer words have never been spoken. I did Geography in high school, the lessons consisted of watching movies, dreadful environmental crap, vague descriptions of the world, playing Halo LAN battles on laptops in plain sight and gossiping loudly while the teacher made no effort to ensure anyone did work.

After this the teacher then had the audacity to get frustrated at how no one except two or three out of a class of thirty was passing any tests or assessment.
Those Halo LAN battles were a thing of beauty, tbh. Throw in six people on one keyboard for multiplayer battles in G Switch, and cheers for the laptops, KRudd!

Last edited:

social

My son played rugby today at a private school where the new cricket facility cost more than CA's high performance centre.

They obviously haven't spent enough on rugby as his little school team beat their 12As 52-0 :laugh:

Daemon

Those Halo LAN battles were a thing of beauty, tbh. Throw in six people on one keyboard for multiplayer battles in G Switch, and cheers for the laptops, KRudd!
We used to do exactly the same but with CS. de_dust2 best map ever.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would never send my kids to a private school. Public schools for sure. I'd make sure I lived in a place with a good school system but an education is also about social development - meeting people from different socioeconomic backgrounds and environments is absolutely important. The last thing I'd want is my kids to grow up without empathy and understanding of other people, which I feel (in my admittedly small sample size) many kids who went to private school lack.