• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saeed Ajmal reported for chucking

Blaze 18

Banned
best thing about Saeed is he comes across as a very likeable lad.
I agree. I've seen a few of his interviews and he mostly comes across as a down-to-earth and likeable dude. My favourite is the one where he describes an incident with Kevin Pietersen. Hilarious! :laugh:

Borges

Wasn't this Holding a member of the ICC panel which recommended that up to 15 degrees of elbow flex be allowed? Hasn't Ajmal's action been found to be within that limit in independent laboratory tests? So what is this Holding going on and on about it now? If he really feels that way, he should have had the balls to speak up when he was on that panel.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whether one agrees with Holding's views or not, he is one of the few men of genuine principle in cricket governance.

He resigned from the ICC on a point of principle (from memory it was the decision to reverse the Oval forfeit, a decision subsequently re-reversed) and not many (in fact altogether too few) commitee members do that.

I'm not sure it's impossible for any offie to deliver a doosra without chucking it, but I'm 100% convinced Ajmal doesn't. His standard off break looks mildly sus, but his doosra is rank. That he hasn't been reported again is, frankly, baffling.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
He resigned from the ICC on a point of principle (from memory it was the decision to reverse the Oval forfeit, a decision subsequently re-reversed) and not many (in fact altogether too few) commitee members do that.
Does the Oval match count as a forfeiture according to the ICC???? What is the latest decision on that match???