• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shite cooking thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Made a crazy good salad last night, consisting of baby spinach, boccincini, prosciutto, olives and baby tomatoes with olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Was the awesome.
I see no evidence of any cooking in this post.

Burgey

Its just some ****ing salad. Stop trying to convince yourself and us that its actually tasty. That **** is always what you 'have' to eat. Except if its potato salad with white pasta sauce.
I'll accept this criticism as you live in a climate which is warm and you have fresh produce. If that same comment came from an Englishman I'd be affronted.

Burgey

I see no evidence of any cooking in this post.
I'm not capable of doing something as complex as making a salad and being able to take a photo of it too.

And yeah, mozzarella balls would work too. You could use feta as well but I'm not sure how well it would go with the prosciutto. Otherwise, haloumi. Haloumi rocks with everything tbh.

Daemon

I'll accept this criticism as you live in a climate which is warm and you have fresh produce. If that same comment came from an Englishman I'd be affronted.
He's from Chennai. Only fresh produce there is what's flowing down the open sewer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not capable of doing something as complex as making a salad and being able to take a photo of it too.

And yeah, mozzarella balls would work too. You could use feta as well but I'm not sure how well it would go with the prosciutto. Otherwise, haloumi. Haloumi rocks with everything tbh.
Haha I think what Furball was getting at was that salads don't involve any "cooking", per se. I don't think he was contesting your claim that you made it.

Burgey

Had to crisp up the prosciutto in the oven ffs. Doesn't get any more sophisticated than that.

zorax

likes this
Breakfast today:

Scrambled eggs in butter and white onion - basically let the butter melt in the pan, drop in some chopped white onion, and when they are translucent, add the egs. 3 eggs with a dash of milk and some salt and pepper to taste.

1 and a half avocados sliced up
1 small tomato sliced into eights.
Mixed in a bowl with salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil and lemon juice.

Add the eggs when cooled into the same bowl and stir it all.

Served with a bowl of red grapes, a banana, and a cup of homemade masala chai

zorax

likes this
What did you do with the remaining half avocado
It was spoiled. I was supposed to have just 1 avocado, but it was half bad, so I used the good half and used another whole avocado instead.

So yea, I've kinda exceeded my avocado quota for today. But I had a really small one yesterday so I guess it's fine. Balances out.

Shri

Breakfast today:

Scrambled eggs in butter and white onion - basically let the butter melt in the pan, drop in some chopped white onion, and when they are translucent, add the egs. 3 eggs with a dash of milk and some salt and pepper to taste.

1 and a half avocados sliced up
1 small tomato sliced into eights.
Mixed in a bowl with salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil and lemon juice.

Add the eggs when cooled into the same bowl and stir it all.

Served with a bowl of red grapes, a banana, and a cup of homemade masala chai
No, you whisk/stir the chunk of butter around as the eggs cook. Scrambled eggs taste weird if there are any more ingredients in it in addition to salt and butter tbh.

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
No, you whisk/stir the chunk of butter around as the eggs cook. Scrambled eggs taste weird if there are any more ingredients in it in addition to salt and butter tbh.
Oh wow I should actually try that next time.

I like the taste of pepper personally. But yea, nothing else for scrambled eggs. If I'm going to add anymore spices to it, i'd either make a full desi omelette (red chili, coriander, tumeric, green chilis) or a chinese omelette (soya sauce, spring onions).