• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should George Washington be wiped from History?

brockley

A slave owner.
My opinion if Lee goes then so should Washington.
They could have Obama instead of Washington,he is PC.

Spikey

Did Georgey boy ever declare war on the United States for the main purpose of preserving white supremacy

hendrix

I wasn't aware that when a statue ceases to exist that person has been wiped from history.

Damn, it doesn't look like there's ever been that many people in the world. How the hell do we have 7 billion people when there's only a few thousand men to have ever existed? Damn, they must've been some busy guys.

Uppercut

Let's just wipe all history. No need for it. Historians are all bastards anyway.
Go easy on us, it's a really tough job. You have to spend all your time building statues because that's the only way it's possible for anyone to remember anything.

straw man

A slave owner.
My opinion if Lee goes then so should Washington.
They could have Obama instead of Washington,he is PC.
:doctor:
This looks like a serious case of media-induced paranoia. An enema is the only option I'm afraid, and go easy on Sky News and The Australian after that for a while ok.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did Georgey boy ever declare war on the United States for the main purpose of preserving white supremacy
Declared war on his country in order to do so.

Difference between Washington and Lee is that he won his war and was able to be seen as a patriot instead of a traitor.

Burgey

These ****ing statues in States which didn't even ****ing exist at the time of the confederacy ffs. I saw a retired General on twitter the other day making that point, to which someone replied a lot of confederates settled in states like Montana. His riposte, that a lot of German POWs settled in Texas post-1945 but there aren't any hitler statues was a pretty good one imo.

Though if trump gets a second term, we might see a few.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There's been a lot of stupid posts on this forum but **** me does this one take the cake.

If you can't see any nuance in life then you should probably go see a mental health professional.

S.Kennedy

well also are there Washington statues all over England
True because the Rockingham Whigs worshiped him, people like Charles James Fox. They saw him as a heir to the Whigish tradition of British liberty, Magna Carta and the Glorious Revolution and all of that. It is often forgotten that the decision to coerce the thirteen colonies was an extremely divisive issue in the Commons, and that in many aspects the war resembled a civil war.