• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** South Africa Tour of CW !!! **

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I guess that settles it... not in the best way, but yea.

Hope you recover alright mate, being injured sucks!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fifth Test XII:

SG Fitzsimmons
H Mørk+
BJ Goff*
AP Cloete
CR Butler
MJ Robbins
DA Kearsley
S Bhatia
XPA Rose
KS Wright
NS Pickup

12th Man: TC Halsey

masterblaster

Samuel_Vimes said:
Well - the combined efforts of the selection panel's thoughts and the official XI, yes.

Now we're just waiting for Ali Bacher to wake up and give in the SA side...
If this is official, you've made my day!

I'm absolutely thrilled and honoured once again to don the whites and play a test match for my side. It's been a long time coming and the last time I played for the CWXI was a long time ago, but now that the time is here I will try to make the most of this wonderful opportunity.

Thank You,

Sangrah

Blewy

Well done Sang, Great effort and well deserved.. I look forward to calling on you to take a bagful ( No Pressure :p :p )

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
SA Team for tonights final test

H.H. Gibbs
A.B. de Villiers
G.C. Smith *
J.H. Kallis
A Prince
M Boucher +
J.M. Kemp
S.M. Pollock
N. Boje
M. Ntini
A Nel

thewizard1o1

Bad luck DK, i'm sure you will back better then ever in no time. But a huge well done to Bhatia on making the test side, most deserved, and Good Luck. I'll be watching.....:p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
well... I picked the players anyway, just not the order! =P

Good luck all, especially Bhatia! Team man.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Unofficial series averages:

Code:
Batting Averages - CW XI:

Mørk		363 runs @ 40.33
Goff		330 runs @ 33.00
Cloete		322 runs @ 35.77
Fitzsimmons	251 runs @ 25.10
Butler		239 runs @ 29.87
Robbins		185 runs @ 23.12
Kearsley	92 runs @ 30.66
Rose		77 runs @ 11.00
Wright		57 runs @ 8.14
Pickup		45 runs @ 7.50
Kennett		30 runs @ 5.00
Young		23 runs @ 5.75
Halsey		19 runs @ 19.00
Bhatia		16 runs @ 16.00
Chaulk		3 runs @ 1.50

Bowling Averages - CW XI:

Pickup		18 wickets @ 25.05
Wright 		15 wickets @ 30.26
Rose		9 wickets @ 29.88
Robbins		8 wickets @ 20.75
Kennett		6 wickets @ 53.66
Bhatia		4 wickets @ 33.00
Halsey		3 wickets @ 17.66
Butler		3 wickets @ 30.00
Cloete		2 wickets @ 40.50
Kearsley	no wicket for 32

masterblaster

Personally, it was a brilliant comeback for me and I had such an enjoyable time and it was really worth the wait.

Team wise, we can hold our heads up high and we performed admirably. We had that never say die spirit and Im honoured to be apart of such a good team showing.

Well done to Pickup on a fine bowling peformance.

We have so much potential and I see India as being our road to greatness. We have the players, and I hope for one I can be apart of such a special team once again and return to my country of birth.

India awaits, bring it on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Special congratulations to Brendon Goff who really pulled through a champ in this Test. Many doubted your presence in this XI, but I'm thrilled that we stuck with you. Applause.

Also congratulations to Chris Butler, a budding middle order star, and to Sangrah Bhatia on his solid Test return.

Neil Pickup also deserves big mention for 8 quality wickets in the match. Shame about the Smith thing though...

FaaipDeOiad

Excellent performances from Goff and Pickup throughout the match, and a good return to the side for Bhatia as well - much deserved selection.

It was a little disappointing that we couldn't get over the line in the end, but some solid defensive bowling by the South Africans restricted us a bit too much in the dying overs. Still, a tremendous effort.