• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Star Wars Madness OTT and Weird

OverratedSanity

Also, another aspect is that every one loves to proclaim their deep fandom for the movies and franchise. That's really odd to me. I can understand people from the time when the first three films were released having such craze for them. However, for the next couple of generations, the hardcore fan base should be far less for instance. They would have other things to feel nostalgic about. However, here they are, so many new younglings getting crazy about these films. WTF. It is like every second guy on the street proclaiming they are huge Batman fans despite having not read the comics, say. Every second person in the world cannot be a huge fan of cricket if they just watched one cricket match, could they? And then proclaim they are die hard fans and what not.
I don't know whether you even realise it, but the fact that you used that word is utterly brilliant.

indiaholic

Part of the appeal has to be the community.. It is nice to meet and talk to people when you have a mutual interest to help you get started.

vcs

It's one of those bizarre things I've never really got.. like the universal adoration for superhero films, Game of Thrones and so on.

OverratedSanity

It's one of those bizarre things I've never really got.. like the universal adoration of superhero films
If anything, I think enough people say they hate them now to the point that people who enjoy them are the actual hipsters.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's one of those bizarre things I've never really got.. like the universal adoration for superhero films, Game of Thrones and so on.
We come from the same generation growing up in the 90s in India. For us Sachin and Tinkle mattered, not Star Wars.

vcs

Talking of superhero comics, my friends while growing up used to be crazy about a Hindi equivalent of those called Nagaraj Comics. I never read those either.

indiaholic

Talking of superhero comics, my friends while growing up used to be crazy about a Hindi equivalent of those called Nagaraj Comics. I never read those either.
Yeah they were my introduction to comics.. Nagraj, Super Commando Dhruva and Doga