• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Perm

The longest match report I have ever written. Due up within 15-20 minutes.

Thoroughly enjoyed that game, mostly because it continued to point out the stupidity of Ponting in classing Bravo as one of those players who only sings when the going is smooth. Bravo gives me hope for post-Lara West Indies.
For me, he is the one shining light for West Indies cricket moving forward. All the other promising players seem to have serious attitude problems (Samuels,Ramdin, Sarwan) or just aren't consistent enough (Taylor, Gayle).

Perm

exactly...WI are agood side...just a bit inconsistent! They are not a minnow side TBH....not sure if id rate them higher than england...but we'll see this summer!
England are quite clearly the better Test team and I would rate West Indies as the better ODI outfit, just prone to spasms of inconsistency.

simmy

Top knock again from Pietersen, who is fast becoming one the top players in world cricket. .

Vaughan finally showing the class we all knew he had... but ran himself out.

Top game with an emotional ending.

Mr Mxyzptlk

For me, he is the one shining light for West Indies cricket moving forward. All the other promising players seem to have serious attitude problems (Samuels,Ramdin, Sarwan) or just aren't consistent enough (Taylor, Gayle).
Ramdin doesn't have an attitude problem. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude quite as yet. Nothing to do with his attitude. He's one of the most passionate cricketers on the team.

LA ICE-E

Well written but, it was pietersen's 5th odi 100. sorry to be picky...
"Against the trend of play, Gayle made a mess in the field and failed to run out Pietersen. The next over he belted Taylor for six to raise an outstanding hundred, his fourth in ODI cricket."

pup11

I feel bad for Brian he deserved to end his career on a winning note, but then i guess both England and Windies were trying to pay their tributes to Fletcher and Lara respectively.

Anyways it was a superb game, one of the best in this WC, KP's 5th odi century a very good innings from him and probably his first odi century in a winning cause.

P.S: One should also give credit to Vaughan his innings was also pretty good.

Raghav

vaughan came good to answer his critics.. Love the match..atlast you found a thriller in this S8..after the SRI-SAF match

pup11

Goodbye BC Lara you were a gift from God to the game of cricket and your absence would definately be felt by the game of cricket and by the millions and billions of cricket fans around the world.

Perm

Ramdin doesn't have an attitude problem. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude quite as yet. Nothing to do with his attitude. He's one of the most passionate cricketers on the team.
I probably should have wrote mental problems, that would have covered both attitude and mental fortitude, my mistake.

Barney Rubble

Looking forward to the next time someone tries to play down KP's ability - his stats are verging on better than anyone else to ever have played one-day cricket. The man's inhuman.

Sad way for Lara to bow out, but his contribution to cricket has obviously been immeasurable. Goodbye, Brian.

pasag

RTDAS
Looking forward to the next time someone tries to play down KP's ability - his stats are verging on better than anyone else to ever have played one-day cricket. The man's inhuman.
He did fail against South Africa when England needed him as did Gayle through the whole series and only fired today, MV as well. Not trying to downplay one of my favourite players but a 100 againt SA would've meant a hundred times more than his efforts today.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can't believe Vaughan didn't MOM. If Pietersen makes 1 run less, Vaughan wins the award, which is stupid I think.

Craig

World Traveller
Daren Powell did some of the most dire fielding I've seen in a while and Michael Vaughan's run out, was he stoned or drunk when he did made that call? And I'm being serious as that run never had to be taken, and anyway in modern cricket now 6.4 an over is pretty simple, especially with those two at the crease.

Perm

You can just see the way Lara talks about the team that really, he couldn't give a crap if he was woeful, as long as the team won and West Indies cricket is able to move forward. I can see him becoming the next Clive Lloyd type team manager for the West Indies team.