• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

grecian

Vaughn for MOM for me, without his bowling it could have been 350+, then his innings showed the class he has, but hasn't shown in a while.

Perm

The only problem with Vaughan's excellent knock is that you just know the selectors will use it to justify keeping him in the ODI side this summer.
Sadly, I think that is exactly what's going to happen. Could be a turning point in his ODI career though.

Spitfires_Fan

I'd say that 3-39 at an economy rate of less than 4 is more important than the extra 21 runs Pietersen scored. Bet he gets it, and on this individual performance, he deserves it. He's been crap the rest of the tournament though, obviously.

Scaly piscine

If KP had been there at the end with 100, then I'd have given it to him. But he got out at a crucial time and Vaughan's overall contribution is undoubted better in a general statistical way.

LA ICE-E

*sigh* lara...goes out in tears..man...close game though...just wish he could have at least went out with a 50 even if not a win...

Mr Mxyzptlk

The longest match report I have ever written. Due up within 15-20 minutes.

Thoroughly enjoyed that game, mostly because it continued to point out the stupidity of Ponting in classing Bravo as one of those players who only sings when the going is smooth. Bravo gives me hope for post-Lara West Indies.

Nishant

What a match! Glad 4 england, Sad for lara TBH....it just would have been great to see him go winning a game 4 the WI's.....especially in a game like this.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Typical of the English attitude really....no wonder you're such great losers.

Choke when it counts, then scrape through in a dead rubber against a poor side and act like you've achieved something.
West Indies hardly a poor side IMO. Maybe in this tournament, but over all I rate them better than England.

Nishant

West Indies hardly a poor side IMO. Maybe in this tournament, but over all I rate them better than England.
exactly...WI are agood side...just a bit inconsistent! They are not a minnow side TBH....not sure if id rate them higher than england...but we'll see this summer!

Gloucefan

Choke when it counts, then scrape through in a dead rubber against a poor side and act like you've achieved something.
He's simply happy England have won a game such an exciting and close. No one is acting like they have achieved anything more than that.

LA ICE-E

:@ i don't know why people still have to be critics when a game's won...

Mr Mxyzptlk

exactly...WI are agood side...just a bit inconsistent! They are not a minnow side TBH....not sure if id rate them higher than england...but we'll see this summer!
In Tests England are clearly better than the West Indies, especially anywhere other than in the West Indies. In ODIs they're far more evenly-matched. The West Indies seem to have more immediate talent than England though. Taylor > Mahmood etc.