• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suspicious Surreptitious Sacrilegious Squirts Cricket Club

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBF Cribb also thought it'd be for Zimbabwe
My original post said "when they debuted", not "when I first saw them". When I first saw Colin I thought he'd average mid 30s with the bat in Tests over a long career batting in the top four and probably never take a Test wicket, but that was a very different Colin to the one who debuted for NZ.

Flem274*

123/5
. Jeet Raval
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. Niroshan Dickwella (wk)
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards

Flem274*

123/5
1. Jeet Raval
2. Greg Hay
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards

Flem274*

123/5
1. Jeet Raval
2. Greg Hay
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards
13. Colin Munro

Flem274*

123/5
i'll be penalised for this pick since i think ferguson is a better bowler than many guys with more weight in the wickets column, but i'm not stats whoring this draft for once

1. Jeet Raval
2. Greg Hay
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards
13. Colin Munro
14. Lockie Ferguson

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bat Colin Munro ahead of de Grandhomme
I can see Bracewell getting dropped for Munro if it ends up a low-scoring tournament and the sixth/seventh batsmen end up more important than the fifth bowler. CdG should obviously be playing though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah i'll be at least seeing how the attack goes before i reduce it to 4 men with cdg as 3rd seamer.
Yeah I'd definitely be rolling with that eleven to start with. Sometimes a competition can end up skewing batting-friendly or bowler-friendly though, and if it looks like it's the latter I'd be stacking the batting and worrying about the fifth bowler a bit less. Athlai is in the same position.

Flem274*

123/5
1. Jeet Raval
2. Greg Hay
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards
13. Colin Munro
14. Lockie Ferguson
15. Todd Astle
16. Dane Cleaver

Flem274*

123/5
i'd be pretty interested to see how far up my teams bowling ranks cdg is at the end of the season. his bowling is massively underrated by the entire planet except for kane williamson who probably loves him a tad too much.

i think my best 3 quicks in the real world are rabada, wagner and ferguson. obviously bracewell's engine room antics at domestic and A level give him a boost into the first eleven, and todd astle vs ajaz patel is a very close contest that i'll be keeping an eye on. in fact i think they're neck and neck as bowlers in real life so really i should get todd in there for a bit of engine room.

i drafted on favourites and players i've seen and find some charm in so given that i'm happy with this team. i could have drafted a slightly better team i think since cdg's bowling almost renders bracewells irrelevant. in fact i could probably give lord colin the new ball for a few overs like what happens in real life.