• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

nick-o

I wish we'd stop copying the Americans in everything.

Just because they've elected an orange faced man who filled his cabinet with homophobic religious nutters who deny climate change does not mean we have to give veto power to a bunch of orangemen who are homophobic religious nutters and deny climate change.

cpr

I don't think were going to see the back of May, because I don't think there's the taste of blood in the backbenches mouths. You see that link a page back about Brady telling May to apologise... I think we've got a PM here who listens and responds to the likes of the 1922 committee more than any other leader has. They want Brexit, she'll do as they ask. Brady wants Grammar schools, she pops up with them. I feel they've got themselves a rather malleable leader in the way Boris et al wouldn't be, and this weakening is only going to make her easier to mould.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So for those not in the know, what does this mean for Brexit negotiations? Still no chance the U.K. will stay in the single market?

Uppercut

So for those not in the know, what does this mean for Brexit negotiations? Still no chance the U.K. will stay in the single market?
I don't think there's any chance of freedom of movement going back on the table. It's a case of whatever we can get without accepting it, which is probably where we were before.

StephenZA

Can somebody explain to me how you get a soft Brexit with access to EU trade, without accepting free movement and EU courts? The primary reasons people voted to leave.

Niall

I do wonder whether even the anti May MPS are beginning to think that Osborne should **** the **** off. :huh:

nick-o

Does anyone understand the DUP? It sounds as if they want three things -- an open border with the Republic, no special status different from the rest of the UK, and Brexit. I know we aren't allowed to make Irish jokes any longer, but seriously, how can that possibly add up?