• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Burger Thread

Dan

Global Moderator
did i ever send you any snaps of my efforts at cafe 51 in south melbourne?

(strong filter)

the boss. "Juicy Lucy patty (2 beef patties moulded together and stuffed with american cheddar), a fillet of crispy southern fried chicken, triple cheese, double bacon, 2 deep fried mozzarella sticks. Ketchup, mustard and mayo." $12
I'm not sure if I really, really want that burger or if I really, really don't.

Riggins

did i ever send you any snaps of my efforts at cafe 51 in south melbourne?

(strong filter)

the boss. "Juicy Lucy patty (2 beef patties moulded together and stuffed with american cheddar), a fillet of crispy southern fried chicken, triple cheese, double bacon, 2 deep fried mozzarella sticks. Ketchup, mustard and mayo." $12
This is amazing. Let's get burgs soon.

Bahnz

A couple good Burger places have popped up in Welly in recent years. If you're in town try Beer meets Grill or Burger Liquor, both are great restaurants.

Dan

Global Moderator
Hmm, if I end up in Wellington again (which does look possible in the not-too-distant future), I'll check them out.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Burger fuel is a NZ chain right? They were doing pretty good back when i was in dubai. I thought their burgers were good. And they seemed to be well liked by burger lovers there

Meridio

Burger Fuel's even got as far as Saudi Arabia. There's a couple of outlets in Riyadh, one of my workmates while I was there was highly impressed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Best local burgers to me are at the Balmain Hotel. Ridiculously good. They've won best pub burger in Sydney a few times.
Have you (or anyone else) even been to Bar Luca? The Blame Canada burger is amazing. **** I want one right now.

morgieb

Have you (or anyone else) even been to Bar Luca? The Blame Canada burger is amazing. **** I want one right now.
I have but I didn't get the Blame Canada. Is quality though.

For exotic style burgers the best for me is The Milk Bar by Cafe Ish. Though Burgers by Josh is returning to the Annandale Hotel, so I'll try and make it this time around :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What burger did you have at Bar Luca? Oh and at The Milk Bar too? I've not been to the Milk Bar - not sure why as it would be really easy to get to for me.

morgieb

What burger did you have at Bar Luca? Oh and at The Milk Bar too? I've not been to the Milk Bar - not sure why as it would be really easy to get to for me.
Think it was just the BL Beef Burger, with an added mozzarella patty.

Milk Bar I've had several. Think the most WTF-tier one I had was the Barnyard.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just looking at the menu now and the Barnyard sounds pretty epic. I want to try the Bad boy Baconater: 2 x 120g beef and pork patty studded with bacon bits, wrapped in artisan bacon, double American jack cheddar, bacon jam, artisan bacon, red onion, peanut butter, smoked maple aioli.