• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Zealand Politics Thread

TNT

Banned
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...change-in-australias-stance-to-new-zealanders

given christmas island is a thing and the general treatment of nzers in australia over the last decade compared to treatment of australians in nz, i think it's time to stop asking and begin acting.

rescind all permanent residency from australians who have been here 3 years or less and put anyone convicted of anything who has some 1/64th aussie blood on a flight 'home', beginning with brenton tarrant.

australian prime ministers since howard are very weak men (mentally and politically) with little clout in their own nations, they will fold to demands if we drop tarrant and a handful of 'aussies' on their doorstep.
I'm pretty sure any NZeder that is not happy with anything in Australia will not be stopped at the border should they prefer to return to NZ.

hendrix

Would legitimately like to send him back to Australia and frankly I think he's Australia's responsibility more than NZ's given he was born and raised in Australia.

Why should the NZ taxpayer fund his jail time when Australia was the country responsible for letting those types of ideas marinate.

TNT

Banned
Would legitimately like to send him back to Australia and frankly I think he's Australia's responsibility more than NZ's given he was born and raised in Australia.

Why should the NZ taxpayer fund his jail time when Australia was the country responsible for letting those types of ideas marinate.
It is your laws that are keeping him in NZ not Australia's.

TNT

Banned
you're a bad person.

You apply for a visa to work and live in a country and it is granted on the condition that you will not be eligible for unemployment benefits and you accept those conditions. Why did they keep their NZ citizenship?.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You apply for a visa to work and live in a country and it is granted on the condition that you will not be eligible for unemployment benefits and you accept those conditions. Why did they keep their NZ citizenship?.
No you don’t?

TNT

Banned
No you don’t?
I'm going to follow this advice, I'm not saying you are wrong we just have different opinions.

Overview
New Zealand citizens do not need to apply for a visa before coming to Australia. If you are eligible, we will grant you a Special Category visa (subclass 444) when you arrive.

The Special Category Visa (SCV) is not a permanent visa. Having a permanent visa means that you have the same rights and benefits as other Australian permanent residents. SCV holders do not have the same rights and benefits as Australian permanent residents or Australian citizens.

Although a SCV allows you to enter, stay and work in Australia, it is a temporary visa. If you wish to apply for a permanent visa, you can use the visa finder.

Entering Australia on a SCV
To receive a SCV when you arrive in Australia, you need to:

present a valid New Zealand passport
complete an Incoming Passenger Card
If you satisfy the requirements, we will grant your visa. This will also happen if you use SmartGate.

The SCV allows you to live, visit, work and study in Australia.

When you leave Australia, your SCV will end. Next time you visit, you will receive a new SCV if you meet the requirements.
link

Athlai

Not Terrible
You don’t apply for a ****ing thing. It’s automatic for all NZ citizens entering Australia. In fact the first sentence of you quoting the SCV is “you don’t apply”.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TNT: You apply for a visa to work and live in a country
Athlai: No you don't
TNT: *posts source*
Source literally in the first ****ing sentence: New Zealand citizens do not need to apply for a visa before coming to Australia

You get one, but you don't need to apply for it.

TNT

Banned
TNT: You apply for a visa to work and live in a country
Athlai: No you don't
TNT: *posts source*
Source literally in the first ****ing sentence: New Zealand citizens do not need to apply for a visa before coming to Australia

You get one, but you don't need to apply for it.
However you want to read it you don't qualify for unemployment benefits.

Discuss why they should be granted unemployment benefits if you have a reasonable argument if you don't then I suppose you will get stuck on minor details.

TNT

Banned
You don’t apply for a ****ing thing. It’s automatic for all NZ citizens entering Australia. In fact the first sentence of you quoting the SCV is “you don’t apply”.
Ok you don't apply they just grant it to you, I still think application is implied when you travel here and present at the border but thats not worth arguing about.

What are the conditions you are subject to when arriving and granted a visa in regards to unemployment benefits?.

hendrix

Have Australia refused to take him back?.

Yes;

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/120635257/gunman-facing-rest-of-life-in-jail
Last year Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern indicated she would seek advice on a deportation option
While some commentators have speculated about the gunman serving his New Zealand-imposed sentence in Australia – his country of birth and where his mother and sister live – Australia seems to have ruled it out.

​A spokesperson for Australia's Attorney-General, Christian Porter, said the Australian Government could transfer prisoners only from a country which was recognised as a 'transfer country'.
New Zealand was not a 'transfer country' under the relevant laws as it did not have any agreement or arrangement for prisoner transfers with Australia.

It is your laws that are keeping him in NZ not Australia's.
Untrue. See above. Our Prime Minister even investigated the option.

Your country seems incapable of taking responsibility for any of the people raised there.

hendrix

?????

You don't lose citizenship if you're a resident of another country? What a weird post?

Genuine question, have you ever been outside of Australia?

Athlai

Not Terrible
What do you mean present at the border? I’ve been waved directly to the airport exits when entering Australia because they don’t give a **** if I’m there for work or travel. New Zealanders are treated like Australians at the Australian border and vice versa. You don’t need a visa to live or work in either country. The average Joe doesn’t wake up in the morning and think about the entitlements they’re due from their government whether it’s the one they’re born into or not.

If you don’t think New Zealanders have a hard time in Australia then you could at least be fully consistent and criticise the fact we can enter visa free at all. Clearly you believe in some semblance of Australia for Australians and any work or living privileges should come with an application and agreement rather than the current freedom of work and travel that exists.

hendrix

All NZ has to do is put him on a plane and send him back to Australia. There is nothing stopping them from doing this and they have every right to do that if they want.
We're actually not wanting to set a mass murderer free.

TNT

Banned
?????

You don't lose citizenship if you're a resident of another country? What a weird post?

Genuine question, have you ever been outside of Australia?
I never posted anywhere on this forum that you lose your citizenship if you're a resident of another country.

You are making up things then trying to argue with me about it.