• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The TV show thread (many spoilers)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, would fit physically but I don't know if he can do the badass quite well enough though. I definitely got goose bumps reading some of his scenes.

The feast scene alone is worth the time of reading the book. Though when my friend read it, he completely missed what was happening. :shock: He couldn't stop grinning it when I pointed it out and he re-read it....

Part of the thing I like GRRM is that some of the things are subtle enough that sometimes you don't realize it right away - it rewards a re-read for sure. After having read five books, I read GoT again and I got so much more random subtle hints and foreshadowing of things that happen in book 5 which made it so much more enjoyable. And I usually don't do re-reads - there are too many good books out there. Probably Old Man and the Sea and King Lear are the only two that I probably read 'regularly', especially the former, and get something more out of it each time. ASOIF would take too long re-read yearly but I think it might be worth doing it at least once - and the way it's written, it allows you to skip past some of the PoVs that you don't like.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, I'd want a good actor even if he's not nearly fat enough. The thing though is that the juxtaposition of his looks with what he does is so awesome that it adds a lot more - the reason no one thinks he is capable of anything is because how he looks. So it'd be nice if they could get the look at least close enough.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha. He looked pretty badass then though. I wouldn't **** with him after listening to him. But someone like that would be EPIC.

On a related note, I feel they've done a great job casting Roose. Really nails how I'd picture him. He'll be fun to see in the aftermath of RW too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I suppose Theon's torturer being revealed as Ramsay Snow will be the shocking twist in this week's episode.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I suppose Theon's torturer being revealed as Ramsay Snow will be the shocking twist in this week's episode.
Who doesn't know that at this point?

And who cares? That was the worst addition to this season. I understand you can't have an actor just completely disapear for multiple seasons but...meh. There's a reason GRRM didn't put it in his books - cause it's not interesting to read or watch random flayings for months on end with nothing interesting happening.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I imagine more or less everyone knows, hence my sarcasm.

Also, am I missing something, or am I right to think it odd that nobody bothered to tell Robb that Roose Bolton captured and then released Jaime?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who would tell him? I'm sure he would find out soon but remember Roose and his party just arrived. So anyone in Roose's party who wants to spill the beans would probably say it when they were drunk at the feast. So it'd be too late. It's not like they can send an email (or even a raven - no maesters to do it - and if they did the raven would get to the Twins - and I doubt Frey would deliver that message....).

Bahnz

Does anyone think Stoneheart will be introduced tonight, or will that be left until next season?

Argh, I can't believe after tonight I have to wait 10 months for another episode!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The problem with having your best episode as #9 (Ned Stark, Blackwater, RW) is that sometimes you're left with a POS episode like this one to have in people's minds for the next year...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Spoiler dude!

Though considering Theon wasn't in book 3 at all, who knows how they'll play that one out? They could go in a randomly different direction.

Daemon

I assumed it meant the rescue would fail and he'd end up dead or something.

Since your post has now made things unclear, I hope we can all move on to a different topic :p