• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

King Pietersen

England win by 9 wickets. Nice win that. Nice hitting from Wright after he got in, more good runs for Ravi as well. Really good performance that. West Indies must be loving playing us atm :p

Uppercut

Not really.

Wright: 51 matches, 33.11 with 5 hundreds, 65 wickets at 44.12

Pollard: 20 matches, 37.46 with 3 hundreds, 6 wickets at 52.16
Pollard in domestic List A: 10 innings, 497 runs @ 49.7. 22 wickets @ 15.2.

Wright in domestic List A: 63 innings, 1058 runs @ 20.7. 71 wickets @ 36.9.

Longevity aside, that's a pretty vast difference.

Uppercut

Netherlands>Pakistan imo

Oh look, a ticket for Netherlands vs Pakistan next Tuesday. How lovely.
Should be fun. I'm going to Ireland vs. Bangladesh the day before.

Did they also throw you in a ticket for some crappy sub-standard game that's being played afterwards to try to get rid of it?

Steulen

Should be fun. I'm going to Ireland vs. Bangladesh the day before.

Did they also throw you in a ticket for some crappy sub-standard game that's being played afterwards to try to get rid of it?
Yeah, NZ vs SA, I mean, some backward island group against the last Boers...so 20th century. Might hang around if the beer's good.

Uppercut

Yeah, NZ vs SA, I mean, some backward island group against the last Boers...so 20th century. Might hang around if the beer's good.
I got some ex-con team against an island of some sort near India. You wonder why they even let these places into the world cup!

Steulen

I got some ex-con team against an island of some sort near India. You wonder why they even let these places into the world cup!
Ah, those jokers in green and yellow against the muppets in yellow and blue. I've seen them both play and let me tell you...make sure to bring a good book as you will need something to keep you awake. It's funny to hear the prisoners grunt and and drag their knuckles and there's a guy on the other side who drips his eyeballs onto the pitch occasionally but other than that it'll be piss poor.

Tongue, outta that cheek boy.

oitoitoi

England are going to have to do something spectacular to get to the semis, they're almost guaranteed to meet India, SA and Aus (3 best sides in the comp) in the second round, can't see them beating any of them. Reckon they'll beat Pakistan in the 1st round though, Pak were abysmal today, really godawful.

rivera213

Pollard's domestic record is absolutely miiiiles better though.
The depth in the West Indies is crap even in comparison to our county cricket.

Though Fidel Edwards does seem to be trying to actually kill the English.
Lol.

I think David Lloyd, when commentating, said "...he's trying to take someone with him".

It's amazing how he hit 94mph with a complete effort ball and Braod hit 93mph the other day looking barely flustered (both with Sky TV radars- and Fidel was bowling the same speed he usually bowls at).

Don't really understand him tbh, seems to get riled up at completely bizzare times.
It's called "twatitis".

In fairness to him, whenever he gets it right with the ball, the WI fielders cock it up for him so I'd be pissed-off all the time too.

Son Of Coco

Test series in Aus didn't matter? :huh:
No really, they weren't going to become no.1 test nation by winning in Australia. And they didn't play that well there, they were behind on first innings in every test if I recall. The test series in SA was the challenge for the number one spot. Not suggesting they choked in that by the way, as they had no problem knocking us off for the one-day mantle.

They have gone missing in World Cups however, never quite being up to the challenge. They've lost to some good teams though.