• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Toast

Burgey

Burgey the fact that your kin on this issue are libertarians should make you reevaluate your view.
Nah. Broken clocks and all that.

The fried = toast brigade have this wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion. It's pure fact. It's no defense to say "Oh, we call that toast." So ****ing what? You can call anything by whatever label you like. It doesn't make it right. You of all people know of the need for accuracy and truth. You can't support this "Call it what I like regardless of whether I'm right" bullshit. You're better than that.

By the way, I have a beautiful shoulder of lamb on in the slow cooker atm, or as harsh and his idiotic supporters would say, in the toaster.

Burgey

Sm00teh, by that do you mean sometimes the bread roll is not cooked at all or that they cook them some other way

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's not often I get to relive the days when I flipped burgers as a teenager. A little nostalgia every now and then is nice.

Shri

Burger places buttering the bun first and then throw it on hot plate/grill is fairly common.
Used to prep garlic bread every day in an Italian restaurant in Sydney for about a year. Had to cut bread into two pieces and apply obscene amounts of garlic butter to both pieces, stick them together, toss it in boxes and stock them in the cool room for evening service. So yeah, dcye is right and we sold bucket loads of it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The guys in our kitchen would probably use a toaster oven or grill if they had room, but the kitchen is tiny as **** so they don't really get a choice.

harsh.ag

nah harsh was on some next level wrongness
Not sure what you think I said. Basically agree with your summary (the /thread post) (with the exception that there is a huge chunk of people not in the subcontinent, including a large chunk in the western world, who agree that little bit of butter + bread + pan = toast)

Last edited: