• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Five Cricketers from each country

Malcolm

I don't know if it is possible to make such a list with 10 bonafide all time greats for any other country
@h_hurricane

Zaheer, Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Kohli(tests) are not ATG players

trundler

Walcott didn't keep in a lot of games and has a major disparity between his home and away averages. Plus, Worrell just had a bigger impact on WI cricket didn't he? Absolute legend. I rare him because of his captaincy, like Imran and Border.

Pap Finn Keighl

Australia

Top 5 in tests

Bradman
Miller
Lillee
O'Reilley
Border

Top 5 in ODIs

Ponting
Gilchrist
Warne
McGrath
G Chappell

I don't know if it is possible to make such a list with 10 bonafide all time greats for any other country
Procter
G.Pollock
Richards
P.Pollock
Steyn
Kallis
Rabada

Donald
Klusner
Rice
S.Pollock
ABDV

SillyCowCorner1

Walcott didn't keep in a lot of games and has a major disparity between his home and away averages. Plus, Worrell just had a bigger impact on WI cricket didn't he? Absolute legend. I rare him because of his captaincy, like Imran and Border.
Absolutely.

Frank was almost like a Jackie Robinson to our cricket culture and development...and later greatness. Architect.

Pap Finn Keighl

Australia

Top 5 in tests

Bradman
Miller
Lillee
O'Reilley
Border

Top 5 in ODIs

Ponting
Gilchrist
Warne
McGrath
G Chappell

Headley
Sobers
Worrell
Marshall
Walcott
Weekes

Viv
Lara
Holding
Lloyd
Ambrose
Garner

The Hillside

From whatever cricket I've seen (started watching from World Cup 1996):

Pakistan: Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam ul Haq, Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar

India: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Virat Kohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Anil Kumble

Srilanka: Sanath Jayasuriya, Mahela Jayawardena, Kumar Sangakkara, Muttiah Muralitharan ,Lasith Malinga

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shakib al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Ashraful, Masrafe Mortaza

Australia: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Steven Smith, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath

England: Alastair Cook, Joe Root, Kevin Pietersen, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

South Africa: Graeme Smith, AB Devilliers, Jaques Kallis, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel

West Indies: Chris Gayle, Brian Lara, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Courtney Walsh, Curtly Ambrose

Newzealand: Brendon Mccullum, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Trent Boult

Test_Fan_Only

But how relevant is captaincy to these kind of lists? Surely it is more about how good a batsman or bowler they were.

bagapath

West Indies
Tests: George Headley, Everton Weekes, Clyde Walcott, Gary Sobers, Malcolm Marshall
ODIs: Viv Richards, Clive Lloyd, Joel Garner, Michael Holding, Curtly Ambrose
Andy Roberts could walk into either of the teams; perhaps replacing Clive Lloyd in the ODI list - perhaps not.
Lara certainly belongs too.

bagapath

South Africa Top 5 in ODIs

ABDV
Hashim Amla
Allan Donald
S.M. Pollock
Q de Kock

South Africa Top 5 in tests

Jacques Kallis
Dale Steyn
G.A. Pollock
GA Faulkner
Dudley Nourse

Others in contention: Mark Boucher and Peter Pollock for tests. Lance Klusener and Gibbs for ODIs.

Pap Finn Keighl

South Africa Top 5 in ODIs

ABDV
Hashim Amla
Allan Donald
S.M. Pollock
Q de Kock

South Africa Top 5 in tests

Jacques Kallis
Dale Steyn
G.A. Pollock
GA Faulkner
Dudley Nourse

Others in contention: Mark Boucher and Peter Pollock for tests. Lance Klusener and Gibbs for ODIs.
At least 5 ATGs lost in isolation.