• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unfortunately, Instagram Has Stopped.

SillyCowCorner1

I have an old android dating back to the early part of the last decade. The problem is: in an attempt to update app, I noticed after that was done and opening the app I was greeted by a very suspect message without any explanation...."Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped."

With 2 options at the bottom:
i) Report
ii) Ok

I need some help

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
that's just the app failing. I get that all the time on my twitter app and a fairly recent phone.

You could try updating it but it might be that the version is not supported any more and that you have to go via a web browser

SillyCowCorner1

that's just the app failing. I get that all the time on my twitter app and a fairly recent phone.

You could try updating it but it might be that the version is not supported any more and that you have to go via a web browser
I think my phone's just about had it with these high-memory apps. I am gonna probably get domino game on the google play store instead.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Insta is a data protection nightmare. Legit one of the worst of the big social media platforms. Avoid.

honestbharani

Insta is a data protection nightmare. Legit one of the worst of the big social media platforms. Avoid.

Are there differences in terms of security policy and how its implemented between facebook, instagram and whatsapp? Even though they are under the same ownership?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Are there differences in terms of security policy and how its implemented between facebook, instagram and whatsapp? Even though they are under the same ownership?
Dunno about security, but insta's terms and conditions are far more invasive, and their data usage policies are far more wide-ranging. They basically equate to a permanent irrevocable licence to do whatever the hell they want with any info you provide them, and any info they observe/infer about you.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's not to do with how much your profile is complete tbh. It's how they track you across other sites, how they observe your behaviours when using theirs (e.g. how long you hold the mouse over certain areas of the page etc.), what you like, who you follow, how long you spend online, and at which times etc. What you actively provide them is only a small part of what they hold on you.

honestbharani

It's not to do with how much your profile is complete tbh. It's how they track you across other sites, how they observe your behaviours when using theirs (e.g. how long you hold the mouse over certain areas of the page etc.), what you like, who you follow, how long you spend online, and at which times etc. What you actively provide them is only a small part of what they hold on you.

Yeah I get it. At least Google has the decency to show me what tag clouds they got me under. I am already amazed how someone I just stored in my phone contacts suddenly showed up in my Insta suggestions, like literally in seconds..